Can I detect in Amelia Island beach and Fernandina Beach?

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX, Garrett GTI 2500, Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett ACE 400, Minelab X-Terra, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Eagle Eye, LRL, Audio generator app Tone, home-made dowsing L-rod,
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there
Because I live in Maryland, and I planning to move to Florida for retirement, Amelia or Fernandina beach is my target. However, I need to know if those places, the local government has forbidden to use a metal detector on the beach or nearby places. Laws has been changed and I'm not updated regarding Florida law detecting.

Anybody can answer my question?
Thanks

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Capt.Betances

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX, Garrett GTI 2500, Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett ACE 400, Minelab X-Terra, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Eagle Eye, LRL, Audio generator app Tone, home-made dowsing L-rod,
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but, those areas are labeled?

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
I am sorry, I should have said that they are posted. Mainly, State Parks & they are posted. There is not a lot of activity on the beaches. Few hotels on the beach or close, so you may swing awhile between targets.

FBAImder

Tenderfoot
Dec 7, 2017
Yulee / Fernandina Bch, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Infinium LS
pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can search on the Atlantic side north until you reach the rocks (where the pier was) at Fort Clinch (state park) and south until you reach the state park at the southern tip. There is a sign designating the park but nothing about metal detecting, HOWEVER, if you read their website it specifically states no md'ing. I have asked Park Rangers on both ends and they said NO MD'ING ON STATE PROPERTY. I live here so I hope this helps. Now if I could just build an MD into my shoe! lol

Last edited:

gamiller

May 20, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro sand shark,
fisher cz-21

Whites beach hunter300
minelab equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can search on the Atlantic side north until you reach the rocks (where the pier was) at Fort Clinch (state park) and south until you reach the state park at the southern tip. There is a sign designating the park but nothing about metal detecting, HOWEVER, if you read their website it specifically states no md'ing. I have asked Park Rangers on both ends and they said NO MD'ING ON STATE PROPERTY. I live here so I hope this helps. Now if I could just build an MD into my shoe! lol

Don't bother with MD in your shoes.

Bring a child...........https://www.walmart.com/ip/Matchbox-Treasure-Truck/44932266

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread