Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was stable...he said no targets and that thing was sounding off like crazy. :dontknow:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That video was already posted a few days ago. We're waiting for a more comprehensive test and a head to head competition with other machines.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Magnetic volcanic sand in Hawaii would make it chatter.
Glad to hear that...Im hoping its going to be a good saltwater detector.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Solid video. Looking at those waves, the water is where the good stuff is hiding. Assume you're in Beach mode and was hoping it would ignore/disc out battle caps. You could grid that small beach in a few hrs. How did ya get one so early?

OP
OP
1KBlueTuber

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
Solid video. Looking at those waves, the water is where the good stuff is hiding. Assume you're in Beach mode and was hoping it would ignore/disc out battle caps. You could grid that small beach in a few hrs. How did ya get one so early?

Not my video just shared the link. I would've been in those waves!!

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Started with a dead battery. Looked like it came right out of the box. I'm guessing that was a 15 minute hunt ... ie: review in exchange for product.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree..... that thing was singing and those digits were bouncing on what seemed to be a shallow target. I know he said he was running hot but ... id got a lot more from this maybe if he had run it stable....... he might of even found something lol. I also got a chuckle when he said he became a CONTRIBUTOR.... with his Go-Pro.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I just pre-ordered one. Hope it's as good as they claim.

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I just pre-ordered one. It's probably not perfect but it's GOT to be better than my AT pro VLF which sounds like a popcorn machine in the wet sand.

I have been running the "tank".. CZ21... and it's heavy... but a great machine. Went back to my AT Pro to hunt the dry sand and I gotta say I hated it.. pro mode volume on depth is a stupid feature, and std mode gave so many false targets it was almost unusable.

AT Pro is up for auction. CZ-21 stays.
Your AT Pro was falsing in the dry sand?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only at one particular stretch of beach where it's loaded with those little iron mineral flakes... they make my machine bounce all over the place.
I know what you mean...there was one beach that had an area I wouldn't hunt with my AT in the water because it hade flakes of iron...about half the size of a dime and bigger...they would bounce between mid and low tone...my CZ21 doesn't pick them up at all and that's a good thing.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
hope am still alive to see 800 in real life test not a Hotel fun test ....hope steve from DP takes a trip to CEBU or in bacong NEGROS where the beach is black sand hope he tries underwater to i guess i was dreaming before i died ....so far so good in the park ....MINELAB HOME BOYS try the 800 on small nugget field in Luzon that been hunted for a thousand years that my test ....may be in the after life i can buy one ....whats the latest date any one know or that a well kept secret to ????

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Rumor I heard was that they would not start shipping until March 1

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another worthless video of the Equinox in "action". The guy didn't recover anything! He doesn't even have a scoop with him! An AT Pro would do what he did. He certainly was dressed strangely for a cold water hunt. I'd have on a full wet suit with booties in those conditions and would have left the back pack in the car or on the beach. And what's the deal on that narrow video view? Are we looking through a keyhole? :dontknow:

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another worthless video of the Equinox in "action". The guy didn't recover anything! He doesn't even have a scoop with him! An AT Pro would do what he did. He certainly was dressed strangely for a cold water hunt. I'd have on a full wet suit with booties in those conditions and would have left the back pack in the car or on the beach. And what's the deal on that narrow video view? Are we looking through a keyhole? :dontknow:

Clearly it's F'in cold, looks like somewhere in the UK.. the guy was not prepared for a water hunt, he was there to see the machine someone else was testing. He was curious enough about it to take it in the (probably 50 degree) water to see if it was chatty or if it was going to be stable.

Seems pretty obvious from the video whats going on. He says it's stable so I have more info than I had before I saw the video.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any machine can be tuned down to not chatter in salt water. My $300 machine does that much. Learned nothing except not to go with these guys, as if a swell would have hit him, he may have drowned with the backpack on.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any machine can be tuned down to not chatter in salt water. My $300 machine does that much. Learned nothing except not to go with these guys, as if a swell would have hit him, he may have drowned with the backpack on.

Claimed he had the sensitivity cranked up, and tried both beach modes ... this is a multifrequency machine not a $300 Ace 350

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread