Found Ring Guard on Jan 4th Found Wedding Ring Jan 19th!

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ok, Here is the scoop:
On Jan 4th I found this silver and diamond ring guard and showed it on TreasureNet. However, because I was being hounded by a women going the what is your best find route, I quickly put the ring in my pocket w/o examining it in detail in front of her. If you're reading this you know what I mean. Only when I got home, 20 miles from the beach, did I discover it was a ring guard - and where there is a ring guard there must be a ring!
Unfortunately, because of the distraction, I failed to note my exact location (I know, I know, I have a CTX 3030 w gps) and now I was 20 miles away. I went back to the same beach 4 more times, without luck.
The fifth time was a charm...and by pure chance. I was again working my favorite low tide beach and having a good day, having already found a silver and multi-stone ring. I had just gotten a scoop of wet sand and walked up a little to a flat and signal free spot of sand to drop the load and kick it around [couldn't dip the scoop in water because of the large number of small objects falling through the scoop, including a silver and multi-stone ear ring]. I recovered the dime and, from there, proceeded down the beach when I got a good signal 12:28 on the CTX. Out came the ring. I immediately knew it was "THE ONE."

Ring Guard Jan 4.jpg

Here is a pic of the ring guard (sterling w diamonds 2.75g, 12:32) I found on Jan 4th.

Sterling wedding ring Jan 19th.jpg

Here is a pic of the ring (sterling w clear stones, not diamonds, 2.22g, 12:28) I found on Jan 19th.

Wedding ring and guard.jpg

Here is a pic of the two rings together, a perfect fit, on my wife's finger.

Honey, you can take the ring off now...
Honey...please...
I have a bad feeling about this...
Good hunting

Upvote 0

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very Nice!

You know what they say “Happy Wife, Happy Life”!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread