Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one was found by my good friend and treasure hunting partner today. The odds behind this story are astronomical !!!!! So bare with me here a minute. First of all I was very disappointed that I had to fish/work and could not hunt. My friend and fellow treasure netter scrappy steve was in town. Thats right that guy gets around !!! Anyway I missed him and he was off to one of our previous hunts. Solo !! Now its 1030 and I get a call at sea and its my friend and co worker capt. Dennis. He says where are you lets treasure hunt. I say im fishing and I cant your on your own. Well scrappy leaves the spot and my friend Dennis gets there. They probably just missed each other. And BAM !! Cobb piece of eight. IMG_1003.jpg
photo-786.JPG IMG_1008-2.jpg
IMG_1006.jpg OK......hang on now !!! The last cob I found (my banner piece) I found on my wifes birthday, the day before that guy....scrappy came to town !! So my friend capt.D finds this cob at the same spot, on his wifes birthday ( today ) about the same time my friend, you know that guy, scrappy steve is in town. Wtf !!!! Scrappy I got to think your next !! Man...... Capt. Dennis you da man !! I cant think of anyone who deserves it more !! Thanks for being a great friend, mentor, teacher, coworker, and treasure hunting partner. Hope we have many more adventures !! And we will !! Scrappy steve im sorry I missed you bro !! This summer on your turff ! Im coming for sure!! My wife says so !! Ill help capt. Dennis clean this baby up monday, he probably has it under his pillow right now !! More pics to come as she cleans up !!

Upvote 0

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one was found by my good friend and treasure hunting partner today. The odds behind this story are astronomical !!!!! So bare with me here a minute. First of all I was very disappointed that I had to fish/work and could not hunt. My friend and fellow treasure netter scrappy steve was in town. Thats right that guy gets around !!! Anyway I missed him and he was off to one of our previous hunts. Solo !! Now its 1030 and I get a call at sea and its my friend and co worker capt. Dennis. He says where are you lets treasure hunt. I say im fishing and I cant your on your own. Well scrappy leaves the spot and my friend Dennis gets there. They probably just missed each other. And BAM !! Cobb piece of eight. View attachment 1539355
View attachment 1539357 View attachment 1539358
View attachment 1539360 OK......hang on now !!! The last cob I found (my banner piece) I found on my wifes birthday, the day before that guy....scrappy came to town !! So my friend capt.D finds this cob at the same spot, on his wifes birthday ( today ) about the same time my friend, you know that guy, scrappy steve is in town. Wtf !!!! Scrappy I got to think your next !! Man...... Capt. Dennis you da man !! I cant think of anyone who deserves it more !! Thanks for being a great friend, mentor, teacher, coworker, and treasure hunting partner. Hope we have many more adventures !! And we will !! Scrappy steve im sorry I missed you bro !! This summer on your turff ! Im coming for sure!! My wife says so !! Ill help capt. Dennis clean this baby up monday, he probably has it under his pillow right now !! More pics to come as she cleans up !!

Great story Bart!

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks steve. Your next !! I just have a feeling !!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha! I’m a more reliable source of cobs than a storm. A hunt together would have been good but I’d probably drown myself if another cob was found in my vicinity. Hahaa!

It’s ok. I’ve found several myself so I’m stoked that others get to share that unique feeling of finding one. As anyone who has found one knows...there’s no feeling quite like holding a Spanish Cob!

Cheers bud and I hope to see you this summer. But spring is better (May or Earlier) - less overgrowth.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-788.JPG hell ya !! Looks good to me !! 11.6 grams I think thars 4 reale territory !! Whoooo hoooo !! photo-790.JPG this side still needs work but is starting to reveal it self. photo-788.JPG sweet !!! photo-791.JPG all from the same treasure found in the last 2 years.

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I WANT GOLD NEXT !!

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Those are sooooo friggin' cool! Grats to ya and thanks for posting.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Pic is a good learning lesson - even the flat ugly stuff could be a diamond in the rough. Also reminds me of why in the 1950s kids (on Treasure Coast) would use these pieces of eight to skip across the water for fun not knowing what they were actually throwing away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread