Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: My Dealings with ARA

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2016
    Port Huron MI
    2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable) Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
    7223 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Here is the email in its ENTIRETY I received from the OWNER of ARA. (****) added by myself)

"See these big fake stones? Could easily be 3-4 set which would equal what you think you are short. You told me you called 4 times in your email. It’s funny how people who find free s*** complain the most. Go play a game of hide and go f*** yourself."

I sent in two class rings 10K with stones, the rest wedding bands, all 14K except 1 which was 18K. I was expecting 1586.00 melt value. I will never use them again. You folks make up your own mind.
    A2coins and diggummup like this.
    Please leave a ring after the beep. Thank You.

****Always be yourself. The people that matter don't mind, and the people that mind just don't matter. ****

us
    Todd In Lutz FL

Apr 2014
    Lutz FL
    Equinox 800 & 600 "Pre-ordered, ATPro, CTX 3030 with Coiltek 14x9 coil T-Rex scoop
    300 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    In my last 2 dealings with ARA I have had issues. First time my check from them bounced. The second time they ETFed my money and only paid me 2/3rds and finally after 2 e-mails and a phone call got the other ETF for the remaining 1/3. Will never use them again.
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2017
    Western ny
    Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
    2125 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    sounds like I should build a furnace and start a new business for tnet members.....
    A2coins and diggummup like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2006
    Orlando Fl.
    Excalibur 1000
    198 times
    Who other than ARA will remove and pay for the stones? I had used Midwest before with no problem but went to ARA last time and received a reasonable payout on the diamonds. This was before they changed ownership.

Tek
    I love the rain. A day without rain is like a day without sunshine I always say.
    And if pigs could fly, I'd wear a hat.

Sep 2012
    29 times
    The E-mail is unacceptable under any circumstance and I'm sure it just cost them dearly. Thanks for sharing. Jim
    diggummup likes this.

Apr 2015
    CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
    711 times
    Metal Detecting
    I don't see a problem with sharing the email. I can tell you based on that one email I wont be using them again.. he clearly has a problem with detectorists so whatever!
    diggummup likes this.
    Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro, AT Pro Pointer

... waiting to see that elusive dowser on the beach with a bucket of gold rings ...

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2016
    Port Huron MI
    2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable) Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
    7223 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    ARA is CLOSED to detectorists. The OWNER sent a message to ANOTHER detectorist which wasn't me and this was the wording

"Oh, no! We will lose tens of dollars a year without ya'll. We are setting a 5 ounce minimum just to weed you dead beats out."

Just a heads up. They are not the company they used to be.
    Last edited by ScubaDetector; Jan 27, 2018 at 09:25 AM.
    diggummup likes this.
    Please leave a ring after the beep. Thank You.

****Always be yourself. The people that matter don't mind, and the people that mind just don't matter. ****

Apr 2015
    CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
    711 times
    Metal Detecting
    FWIW you can leave a google review for them... looks like they are already down to 1 star. Bet they will lose more than TENS of dollars.

I did notice this in their FAQ:

Q: Do you work with the general public?
    A: No. Our services are reserved for the commercial trade. We do not work with the general public.
    Last edited by flgliderpilot; Jan 27, 2018 at 09:09 AM.
    Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro, AT Pro Pointer

... waiting to see that elusive dowser on the beach with a bucket of gold rings ...

May 2013
    Tesoro sand shark, fisher cz-21 Whites beach hunter300
    405 times
    "See these big fake stones? Could easily be 3-4 set which would equal what you think you are short. You told me you called 4 times in your email. It’s funny how people who find free s*** complain the most. Go play a game of hide and go f*** yourself."

Find free stuff. LOL. Yes that's diamonds gold platinum. I just keep tripping over those items, no effort required. Wow.

Charter Member
    um
    Jul 2004
    South Florida Cesspool
    Tesoro Sand Shark, Whites M6
    7795 times
    Totally unprofessional. I hope they close shop soon because of this owner. Spread the word.

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    4565 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by dewcon4414 View Post
    Dr Joe....... i dont disagree, but i did see some of the owners response....not pretty for an owner. He took about a 10% loose i think. Pretty good chunk to try and justify away. I liked dealing with the family....... looks like we are dealing with a business man now who feels we shouldnt really complain....... since its free stuff. Am i wrong....... but doesnt ARA pay 98% and Midwest pay 88% of spot? Id take the 88..... if i had a local i could trust, but most of us dont.
    Midwest now pays 95% on gold, just saw their website...says they welcome detectorist as customers..Ive always used ARA but no more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links