Beach gravel/rock

Stuarbuckle

Nov 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So where I am it's very mineralized, wintertime we start getting into gravel beds on the beach, like we all know, that's where the good stuff is. I'm running a ctx and know my detector well, just throwing this out there to see how other people are setting up in these situations. I'm always in ground coin, combined, manual about 10 above suggested, wide open, sometimes disc out bottom right and top right for wrap around, but toggle between that and wide open And sweep slowww. Anyone else have any luck with any other setup?!

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes in highly mineralized ground, I use Auto instead of manual. Not as many false signals, more stable, and sometimes even seems to be deeper. Slow sweep for sure, and I too disc out the common false signal and wrap around numbers. Most of those are the 01's and 02's on the ferrous side at my beaches.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My rocks are my life at low tide w my CTX 3030. If you have Andy Sabisch's book on the CTX, I use a variant of Pattern #1 (P1) on top of page 75 (stock Beach program) with updates as suggested in the text and suggestions as noted by others above to avoid wraparound (ground-coin, seawater, deep recovery, autosensitivity, cut-off at FE19 ). The last thing I want to do is dig junk during precious hrs of low tide. I even have a revised Beach program that blocks-out 12:15-24 to get rid of pull tabs, 12:37 and 12:40-41 to avoid cents. [Sure, there is always a small chance a gold ring might turn up at those coordinates, but probability is lower than at more known and promising coordinates and everything is weighted by time.] At last super moon low tides earlier this month found 4 gold rings and 6 silver in the rocks and just yesterday pulled a brass and glass beauty (looks like 2 ct diamond w 1 ct side diamonds in gold) at 12-15" thru rocks. Getting ready for next super moon at end of Jan and look for esp high and low tides 1 or 2 days after super full moon on Jan 31...get ready, get set...detect.

OP
OP
S

Stuarbuckle

Nov 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's def a rush when you so those rocks out there! The mineralization here is so bad it skus the tdi's all over the place, the last thing I want to do is descriminate anywhere in the gold range, I need to make myself go back to auto in these conditions though, it's hard to break haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions