Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cudamark
  • 1 Post By LawrencetheMDer

Thread: Beach gravel/rock

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Nov 2015
    13 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Beach gravel/rock

So where I am it's very mineralized, wintertime we start getting into gravel beds on the beach, like we all know, that's where the good stuff is. I'm running a ctx and know my detector well, just throwing this out there to see how other people are setting up in these situations. I'm always in ground coin, combined, manual about 10 above suggested, wide open, sometimes disc out bottom right and top right for wrap around, but toggle between that and wide open And sweep slowww. Anyone else have any luck with any other setup?!

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, White's Eagle ll SL90, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, TinyTec, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 720i, TRX
    4500 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Sometimes in highly mineralized ground, I use Auto instead of manual. Not as many false signals, more stable, and sometimes even seems to be deeper. Slow sweep for sure, and I too disc out the common false signal and wrap around numbers. Most of those are the 01's and 02's on the ferrous side at my beaches.
    redcobra8u likes this.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

us
    Feb 2014
    Ohio and Florida
    CTX3030 w 11" and 17" Butterfly coils, Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil Vibra-Tector 730 w 4" coil Whites (1970s)
    893 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    My rocks are my life at low tide w my CTX 3030. If you have Andy Sabisch's book on the CTX, I use a variant of Pattern #1 (P1) on top of page 75 (stock Beach program) with updates as suggested in the text and suggestions as noted by others above to avoid wraparound (ground-coin, seawater, deep recovery, autosensitivity, cut-off at FE19 ). The last thing I want to do is dig junk during precious hrs of low tide. I even have a revised Beach program that blocks-out 12:15-24 to get rid of pull tabs, 12:37 and 12:40-41 to avoid cents. [Sure, there is always a small chance a gold ring might turn up at those coordinates, but probability is lower than at more known and promising coordinates and everything is weighted by time.] At last super moon low tides earlier this month found 4 gold rings and 6 silver in the rocks and just yesterday pulled a brass and glass beauty (looks like 2 ct diamond w 1 ct side diamonds in gold) at 12-15" thru rocks. Getting ready for next super moon at end of Jan and look for esp high and low tides 1 or 2 days after super full moon on Jan 31...get ready, get set...detect.
    claire likes this.
    Metal Detecting Goal in Life is to Find Wife a 2ct Diamond Ring (so she'll be quiet about all my metal detecting).

Nov 2015
    13 times
    It's def a rush when you so those rocks out there! The mineralization here is so bad it skus the tdi's all over the place, the last thing I want to do is descriminate anywhere in the gold range, I need to make myself go back to auto in these conditions though, it's hard to break haha

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links