Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It was about 2 hours into my 6-hr metal detecting day in wet sand and mild surf when I decided to dig an iffy target that rang-up 12:25 on my CTX 3030; probably a pull-tab I thought to my self. But things were slow...sooo. It was deep, about 12-15", and I was having second thoughts when I saw this in my scoop and my blood pressure rose so fast that I thought my head was about to blow off. I had tunnel vision, I heard nothing and all I could see was this massive ring in my scoop.

Big ring 3stone 012618.jpg

It was the ring all of us have been looking for for all these years...and there it was in my scoop. Given the location and previous recovered items from the site, I figured the ring was there for at least 30 years and the metal, while still fairly clean, was clearly heavily pitted. I know gold doesn't pit like that, at least over 30 yrs any ways and I suspected it wasn't real but didn't let my self go there, at least not for a while. But the 3 rocks shined! I was fighting the tide and stuck the ring in my pocket, convinced another goodie was near by...none revealed it self. By the time I got home, I acknowledged to myself the ring was "Brass and Glass" and presented it to my wife as fake and she still drooled when she first saw it. Only if it were real, she said. The ring is marked [ED CO] and is 4.45g. The center stone is 1.75 ct and side stones are 1.0 ct each. The ring reads 12:25 on the CTX 3030. I have found other ED CO rings on the market. I tested the rocks and they're not diamonds, probably cubic Zirconia and the metal is pitted but shines up nicely and assume is brass; probably originally gold plated. So my dream ring is still out there and these Teasers aren't going to get in my way. But for a short while, I was on Cloud 9 and absolutely loving every second of it.

Upvote 0

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really DO know what you mean.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still a beautiful ring! :occasion14: I hope the next beep is the gold ring of your dreams!

strick

Feb 28, 2005
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Embarrassed to tell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep always assume fake first so as no to get your hopes up. I sometimes will not look at a ring closely till I get home that way I don't disappoint myself during the hunt lol

strick

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still beats a zinc penny! Great job!

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s okay though, cuz you had the experience of a lifetime [emoji41][emoji106]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread