Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went to Clear Water beach today to hit the water but surf forecast was wrong and surf was a good ft higher (3ft) than expected (<2ft). Riptides didn't help. Any ways, instead of the water decided to hit the sand while there...Saw a pair of fellow MDers gridding part of the beach, and Jerry; who I talked with for a few minutes about a rather famous MD character in the area... CWB is a well searched beach, yet; I came away with about my average coins/hr ( 10.6 c/hr). An interesting feature of my coin count is that of 860 coins I've found so far this season, 44% are cents. Yet, the cent percent today for CWB was 58%. This suggests to me that previous MDers screening the beach ignored the cents and, as a consequence,
more cents come with age.

Oh, almost forgot, only good piece was a silver .925 ear ring back (0.15g, 12:08-09 on CTX 3030). Found the back in rain-drenched sand that clung to the piece. Only way I eventually found it in the sand was with my Garrett Pro Pointer II once I narrowed the search with my 17" coil. BTW Lost several targets by having surf rinse away sand in scoop...rinsed away the small targets as well. Diamond and gold ear ring? Only the Surf knows!

Ear ring 925 012918.jpg

Upvote 0

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Too cold for sunbathers so the dry sand might be kinda quiet. at least you got something!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread