Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It gives a weaker signal on the back swing...I don't like that...my CZ 21 gives the same signal on every sweep.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looked like the chain rang up as a solid 1, so you would need to first find the pendant, and then start digging any iron signals around it for the chain.
Equinox has negative id numbers, so iron should read negative numbers...Im not sure.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Equinox has negative id numbers, so iron should read negative numbers...Im not sure.

You are correct , 0 to -9 are ferrous targets, 1 to 10 is the range for low conductive and where small gold nuggets would ring up which is why the gold chain was giving a 1, as we know gold chains are seen as individual links, not a solid piece.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok, how about these apples?

[video=youtube[/video]

Watch it and weep.
Not that impressive on the coins but the chain, now that's incredible.

It gives a weaker signal on the back swing...I don't like that...my CZ 21 gives the same signal on every sweep.
The excalibur does the same on very deep targets in PP/AM..you get a super faint going left but the back swing nothing. Some may say their excalibur does not do that, but it because they don't know what to listen for on deep targets.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The various types of VDI are just a guess, most reliable on silver coins but should never be counted on by itself. The "complete target signature" is what can really tell you a lot.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct , 0 to -9 are ferrous targets, 1 to 10 is the range for low conductive and where small gold nuggets would ring up which is why the gold chain was giving a 1, as we know gold chains are seen as individual links, not a solid piece.
Thanks.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not that impressive on the coins but the chain, now that's incredible.

The excalibur does the same on very deep targets in PP/AM..you get a super faint going left but the back swing nothing. Some may say their excalibur does not do that, but it because they don't know what to listen for on deep targets.
Was that test on the nickels in All Metal mode.

OP
OP
1KBlueTuber

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
I watched a "gig master" video on YouTube tonight doing a land hunt with the 800 in "gold mode"? What I think I saw and heard was the machine giving a changing ID number while pinpointing as well as a nice sharp almost excal sound in pinpoint. If that's accurate, I can't wait to try that thing. Curious if any members who have one now can tell me if you can still hear the threshold while in pinpoint? That'd be something!!!

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it to be a good video. All VDI numbers can bounce around on any machine I believe, depending on a number of factors, and the numbers are good as a reference point, but "sound" is the key, and I think many rely on that to a greater degree. Some will bash any new machine no matter what, for whatever their reasons might be. I find it hard to criticize anything I have never used, be it a Garrett Ace 150, or up to a Minelab 30-30. If a person insist that "Their" machine can do everything the "EQ" can do, so why waste your money, simple answer? don't buy one. There is no "Perfect" detector, a "Perfect" detector for me would be one that could show me a picture of what's in the ground, and then with a press of a button, suck the target out of the ground and stick to the coil. Speaking for myself only, I do have a great interest in the EQ 800, it could replace my X-Terra 70, Garrett AT Pro, and the Minelab Safari, kind of like having all three rolled into one. Enough then from me.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah your right, numbers can bounce around....I don't use a screen to determine whether to dig or not, I dig everything except iron...but I do like the numbers to give me a good idea what Im scooping...I know if it is a zincoln, penny, dime or quarter...of course it could be anything but 90% of the time its what you think it is...no one detector does it all but they are getting closer to making one with every new detector...Equinox may not do it all but its going to do a lot... 3 pound waterproof multi freq with screen and you don't open it for batteries....wake me up Im dreaming. :tongue3:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ordered my 800 today, hope it's as good as everyone is saying.

strick

Feb 28, 2005
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Embarrassed to tell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so now everyone that bought the 3030 (which they said was better than the Excal) that had Excals which they said were better than everyone elses
are going to buy Equinoxs and say they are better than the 3030s

Just like the car you bought 4 years ago cannot do what the car you bought this year can do...it's called progress...

strick

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Casper. This machine brings some unique aspects the others may not. Its ability to find smaller gold IN the water. It may not out perform them depth wise and recent drops are just a matter of getting the coil over the target. Finally, a light weight water machine from ML with the ability to switch to single freq on the dry sand that are more favorable to small gold. You have to admit....... the price is a big draw too. $500 less than the Xcal without doing some needed mods. On the up side Casper...... Fisher is working on a PI that MAY make it out by the end of the year.... that maybe a game changer.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Casper. This machine brings some unique aspects the others may not. Its ability to find smaller gold IN the water. It may not out perform them depth wise and recent drops are just a matter of getting the coil over the target. Finally, a light weight water machine from ML with the ability to switch to single freq on the dry sand that are more favorable to small gold. You have to admit....... the price is a big draw too. $500 less than the Xcal without doing some needed mods. On the up side Casper...... Fisher is working on a PI that MAY make it out by the end of the year.... that maybe a game changer.
Tell us more about this Fisher PI.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, this video is why I ordered one.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher’s PI is based on the AquaManta - developed in France by Alexandre Tartar, who is now a Fisher employee.

Beach PI with iron ID/reject. Short pulse delay for tiny gold.

Available ????? Fisher says it is complete electronically, just needs the mechanical package designed and produced, plus development testing and field testing - this year - maybe not.

Here’s a French language video where Alexandre and his pals show off the prototype

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G8sdp4RG73g&feature=youtu.be

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher’s PI is based on the AquaManta - developed in France by Alexandre Tartar, who is now a Fisher employee.

Available ????? Fisher says it is complete electronically, just needs the mechanical package designed and produced, plus development testing and field testing - this year - maybe not.

Here’s a French language video where Alexandre and his pals show off the prototype

Thank you sir.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That looks like real iron id with a PI...That detector will be a game changer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread