Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Well Here We Go! Impressive Equinox Salt Water Footage

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    4693 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    The tests Ive seen so far of gold rings in the wet sand aren't good...meaning the depth isn't good...but who knows if the machines are set up right...time will tell...we need to see some tests in the wet sand with the 3030, CZ21, Excal, etc. and the Equinox swinging over the same buried targets.

us
    Feb 2011
    york county, penn.
    presently garrett gta 1000 , fisher cz5 and now a fisher cz21 10.5" coil and vibra=quatic 2 pinpointer add another cz21
    28 times
    i use the same method as casper matter of fact thats were i learned it have 2 cz21s i hunt slow and dig it all and i know i dont get it all but would wager there isnt much left that any else could reach until the next turnover.
    CASPER-2 and DJWEHAGE like this.

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    4693 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Im starting to think the equinox isn't going to be able to replace my CZ21.
    DJWEHAGE and howie#1 like this.

Charter Member

Oct 2014
    New Hampshire
    Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000 Fisher cz-6a, 1265x, Whites eagle IIsl
    256 times
    I haven't tried one yet and was pretty excited until I saw a video in the wet salt sand/shallow water showing the nox 800 sounding off on bottle caps with the same vdi as a common gold ring (13). Adjustments were attempted to null them but it came at the expense of disc. out gold. I did notice that most of the caps were corona which still fool my excal when deep. I guess we'll see as more water hunters chime in
    CASPER-2 likes this.

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    13656 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    a lot is just learning your machine - I'm sure there are gonna be guys that will stick with it and play with settings and master it
    and do great with them
    I got plenty of small gold with my pi pro I used for like 10 yrs - many said it was no good on small gold - went to many "cleaned out" spots
    and did well on deep small older gold ...I learned my cz21 and feel I do pretty good = can show many examples but here is one - found at hammered cape beach
    - not out far but about thigh deep where many other hunters hammered - found very deep down- ring is smaller than a dime - whisper signals in all metal
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DS0060.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	119.3 KB 
ID:	1560975 I cleaned all the shallow junk out so I could crank sensitivity and go slow and get deeper good targets
    was like a like 30 ft by 20 ft area ---many aren't gonna take the time to do this --I wont do this every where but some beaches that produced
    lot of larger old gold and silver over the yrs - I will now and then - specially when finds are slow
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    28004 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-2 View Post
    a lot is just learning your machine - I'm sure there are gonna be guys that will stick with it and play with settings and master it
    and do great with them
    I got plenty of small gold with my pi pro I used for like 10 yrs - many said it was no good on small gold - went to many "cleaned out" spots
    and did well on deep small older gold ...I learned my cz21 and feel I do pretty good = can show many examples but here is one - found at hammered cape beach
    - not out far but about thigh deep where many other hunters hammered - found very deep down- ring is smaller than a dime - whisper signals in all metal
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DS0060.JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	119.3 KB 
ID:	1560975 I cleaned all the shallow junk out so I could crank sensitivity and go slow and get deeper good targets
    was like a like 30 ft by 20 ft area ---many aren't gonna take the time to do this --I wont do this every where but some beaches that produced
    lot of larger old gold and silver over the yrs - I will now and then - specially when finds are slow
    Just like people saying large coils want pick up small gold yet the 15" coils on my excals picked a .04 of a gram baby's gold ring, .05 gold lobster clasp that came off a gold chain and several tiny gold earrings.
    AARC, CASPER-2 and lookindown like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 720i Stealth Scoop
    5188 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Just check your beach targets with the “all-metal” mode by hitting the Horseshoe icon and that will give you a low iron ferrous tone at the edge of your coil on the bottle caps.
    lookindown and sprailroad like this.

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    13656 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGold View Post
    Just check your beach targets with the “all-metal” mode by hitting the Horseshoe icon and that will give you a low iron ferrous tone at the edge of your coil on the bottle caps.
    BUT WILL IT DO THAT ON CORRONA'S ?
    which I was told are sprayed with a micro thin brass wash so they don't rust as quick like some brands do when you leave them in ice/icey water
    for days
    lookindown likes this.
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    OC, CA
    XP Deus, Equinox 800 720i Stealth Scoop
    5188 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Good question on the Corona caps. I have a few in my collection and will test for that.
    My question is: Does a Corona gets its lime when one throws away the cap into the sand?

We are not what we take, we are what we leave.

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    4693 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Does the Equinox have a mode that sounds just like the CZ21 in auto tune?...then you can switch to disc mode to id the target....Im still trying to learn everything about it.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    5869 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-2 View Post
    BUT WILL IT DO THAT ON CORRONA'S ?
    which I was told are sprayed with a micro thin brass wash so they don't rust as quick like some brands do when you leave them in ice/icey water
    for days
    Or the caps wrapped in foil? Those are the ones that drive me crazy! They just sound too good to ignore!
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Charter Member
    us
    Todd In Lutz FL

Apr 2014
    Lutz FL
    Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, ATPro and 3 Excals
    1018 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Modelo beer has the foil caps I got one of those last night and I also found Platinum...Bud platinum that is lol The dang coronas still get me even with the Bottle cap determination method. Also be careful on high tones as the bottle cap determination method is not 100% effective as me and another detectorist found that a quarter can give an Iron tone when using that method dont know why but it did it twice. HMMMM

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8589 times
    I've yet to understand why so many detectorist run off and buy the latest and greatest machine with too high of expectations before it's even had any time to gather any feedback from the real world users out in the field. In reality there hasn't been any great tech advancements in beach metal detectors since the introduction of the Excal, just more bells and whistles and sleeker packaging. The Excal and the CZ have been around for a long time and they still remain as reliable top producers so until something comes along to challenge them why rush to go anywhere else?
    DJWEHAGE and howie#1 like this.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links