All Treasure Hunting
bury the chain in the salt water 2 inches and see if it will find it

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buried a thin gold chain about 4 inches in the dry sand not at a beach and the 800 had no trouble seeing it on my field test of the equinox.

Minelab Matt

Oct 19, 2014
S.Wales UK
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro
Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally, a machine that actually lives up to the hype!

But I doubt it will stop Calbash Digger putting up a post soon, something along the lines of:

"101 reasons why the Deus is better than the Equinox"

LOL

Me....when I can afford it....I'm DEFINITELY getting the Equinox 800.

Matt

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so now everyone that bought the 3030 (which they said was better than the Excal) that had Excals which they said were better than everyone elses
are going to buy Equinoxs and say they are better than the 3030s

OP
OP
1KBlueTuber

1KBlueTuber

Oct 19, 2014
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur blue tube 1000
Fisher cz-6a, 1265x,
Whites eagle IIsl
so now everyone that bought the 3030 (which they said was better than the Excal) that had Excals which they said were better than everyone elses

It will never replace my excal in pinpoint Casper, but it'd be nice to find a few chains to go along with the crosses and medallions that show up.

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ron when I get mine I will test as you requested and let you know.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL I can find small earrings with my CTX on the surface too. I am willing to bet my CTX would surface find that chain too.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800

The 90's, are going to make the 60's, look like the 50's

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will never replace my excal in pinpoint Casper, but it'd be nice to find a few chains to go along with the crosses and medallions that show up.

best thing to do when you get a cross or medallion and you don't find the chain -
if you wear a mask like me - drop down and fan around area - I saw super fine chain that went to charm I found just a few feet away -
if no mask - scoop around the whole area around it - like a 5ft by 5ft area - have gotten a few fine chains that way too
other than that - all metal and super slow and go for whispers or pips

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL I can find small earrings with my CTX on the surface too. I am willing to bet my CTX would surface find that chain too.
I ve gotten like 40 stud earings that others have missed - mostly cause they fall thru most scoops - others cause guys go to fast

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found tiny gold earrings with my 3030 but have yet to find a gold chain with mine but I do not have the hours on it I do on my excal. Due to tearing my knee last year and having knee surgery I was not able to get out and hunt last year like I have the 11 years prior so it could easily be due to not enough hunting with it yet.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes even I leave them when I spend 15-20 minutes looking for a target that falls through the scoop I just move on.

I ve gotten like 40 stud earings that others have missed - mostly cause they fall thru most scoops - others cause guys go to fast

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a few tiny chains but I dug them out in the water so not sure if they where balled up or even how deep they were because when I looked in my scoop it was just hanging there one time.

I have found tiny gold earrings with my 3030 but have yet to find a gold chain with mine but I do not have the hours on it I do on my excal. Due to tearing my knee last year and having knee surgery I was not able to get out and hunt last year like I have the 11 years prior so it could easily be due to not enough hunting with it yet.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to late, I just bought a AT MAX for land,2 month ago I bought excal 1000 the Blue super modified. work great

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Being a major Park hunter I heard it has a Park mood. Does anyone know how that will me? Much trash first 4” then 6 thru 12” targets are waiting. Will the Equinox help my situation?

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally, good video 1K, and that was in Multi, now we are seeing something more than air test after air test.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth1253, it's way too early to tell. And you conditions will make a lot of difference. Check back in April, seriously. By then a lot of folks will have tested them. They will also be in stock by then.

And BTW, my Tesoro Cibola will find and has found tiny gold chains and bits in salt water. It won't find them a foot deep, but a couple inches, no biggie.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What number did the chain come in at?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread