NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a return last Fall and had articles in a few papers
The woman I returned the ring to - I had mentioned that her husband wrote for a large paper in Ma. - he is a big sportman - hunting and fishing all over the world
and helps with tick research among other things - he does a popular sportsman column for the paper He mentioned about me maybe writing something
up - more in depth on the hobby and I was going to mention how many others make returns all the time but with little or no recognition
and wanted to mention how most of us clean up the environment by removing as much trash as well as the goodies we find - Well...
I did a rough draft last year (but did not send) and asked him by email if he was still interested in doing the article - contacted him 3 times with no reply
I know by reading his bio that he is a busy man -so figured he had other articles to do - Well this morning opened my emails and found
emails from people I don't know - and then came to 2 by him. He said if I could take a trip - I could try and get a few copies of paper with article he did
on my return - wish I had a heads up - as soon as this is posted - I got to take a ride and see if I can get a few.
Oh - other emails coming in - He posted my email I guess (which he did not ask and hope it does not turn out to be a bad thing)
and got people asking me to find their rings - looks like I'm going to be busy soon
50 years later, Grafton High class ring is a treasure to hunter and girl who lost it - News - telegram.com - Worcester, MA

I have not read yet - I hope he did not make any mistakes or mis quotes - the other few papers did - nothing I can do if he did anyways
Good luck to all who get out!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm getting lot of requests already
wish he would have asked about putting my email addy in article
last year barely had time for myself to hunt
if I was retired and looking to make extra side money it might be great - but I'm not
I don't take rewards for returns anyways - which he also mentioned
but have told others in the past to advertise if they are interested
try putting something in town papers - I know a woman that does pretty good looking for lost items and property markers -septic tanks - gas or water shut offs
which I have done also in past with no pay

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol, yeah I saw that your email was listed at the end of the article and said to myself...oh boy...Casper is going to be a busy guy this year. lol

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, yeah I saw that your email was listed at the end of the article and said to myself...oh boy...Casper is going to be a busy guy this year. lol

No kidding! An article that he makes recoveries for free and a way to contact him. I wouldn't want that kind of publicity!

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No kidding! An article that he makes recoveries for free and a way to contact him. I wouldn't want that kind of publicity!
I wish these guys would let look at them before they print - every article had mis quotes and some stuff they pull out who knows where
and they don't print the trash clean up and other good deeds we do - which I mention in every interview ive done

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now you can understand the treasure tv shows more - its the wow factor they want
they don't care about the trash and hazardous stuff ive taken out - just the $$$ factor

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad article, even though he edited out the info you would've liked to see.
At least he didn't give out your phone number.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Casper that is a great story. Congrats to you! I don't want any reward for the returns I made either. It is so cool to return as long as they appreciate it. Its been very rewarding for me for sure.

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could help him out people may let him hunt their old homes in MASS or on cape cod :)

one request was from an old woman to find old family heirloom ring in yard - don't know if house is old or not - told her I would try and give it a shot
when ground stops freezing over night up here - another was in really deep water - fresh water spot
another was in shallow water spot - lost long ago - class ring - told him it was probably found long ago too
got others too - all hour plus east of me - lots of guys out that way - so I don't do fresh water spots out there
though only know of one guy - wink wink - that does deep water in fresh water out that way

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could help him out people may let him hunt their old homes in MASS or on cape cod :)
that is one thing I always forget to ask - if they know of any old spots I could hit - those kind of tips i'll take
this guy is a hunter - he might know of cellar holes in the woods - never asked him
they may have friends or relatives with colonial houses or farm fields - never asked :BangHead:

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I already got a wedding set I have to try and find
was also asked to find a diamond in deep water last year but never got particulars on it - have to recheck that too

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread