CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you would need a custom job. Keep in mind that wet sand is heavy and the more “bite” you take out of the sand the heavier and more stressful it will be on the scoop and your Joints as you dig.

Keep in mind that different soil/sand conditions benefit from different designs.

(deleted by mod posting link to nonsupporting vendor)

THEY make some very nice scoops that penetrate pretty fast. They have different kinds for different sand/rocky gravel conditions.

Good luck

‘Scoop

Last edited by a moderator:

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CAT makes one

Backhoe%20Loader%20Safety%20Tips-small_1469209442.jpg

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
And there's American made Stealth scoops. Stainless Steel and you have to be pretty rough with one to damage it. I have the 920iX, or 9" wide.

They're expensive.

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't say enough about my stealth 720i . Simply the best made imo. Pricey but will last forever. All stainless steel. Thought I would need a bigger one too until the 720i delivered to my house, and i was happy i did not get the bigger one, it is plenty big. Keep in mind the weight of the 920 because you'll have to add a wooden handle { unless you going carbon } but if your set on a larger scoop , go with the stealth 920ix xtreme

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The T-rex 9" is a beast and I had at times more sand in the scoop than I could handle. Lost it and went with the smaller one with C/F handle and love it.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The T-rex 9" is a beast and I had at times more sand in the scoop than I could handle.

Me too. Can't imaging wanting more material in the scoop. Most of the finer sand is sifted by the time it reaches surface, but it gets heavy when full of stones.

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess somebody with a lot more upper body strength could handle something bigger.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive used RTGs for last 15 yrs

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Casper....

Must have been some bad food you ate while on vacation: You are looking awful short from what I remember you as being. OR
Maybe my monitor is out of wack.

One must know his own limits and lugging around a scoop as large as the CAT would be a problem for me.

4" for dry sand and 6" in the water is fine for me.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Casper....

Must have been some bad food you ate while on vacation: You are looking awful short from what I remember you as being. OR
Maybe my monitor is out of wack.

One must know his own limits and lugging around a scoop as large as the CAT would be a problem for me.

4" for dry sand and 6" in the water is fine for me.

Thats what happens when you lug around heavy scoops all day long!

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Popeye arms extra large scoop. My little chicken wings would be to weak to scoop with anything bigger than my scoop.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
And there's American made Stealth scoops. Stainless Steel and you have to be pretty rough with one to damage it. I have the 920iX, or 9" wide.

They're expensive.

Ditto. The scoop is sound, even in rock piles, but a ***** trying to find a handle that will take the heavy load for a long time...

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ITS ALUMINUM - not heavy at all - especially in the water - I carry under my left arm pit leaving my left hand free to click over from
all metal to ID mode

bayhawk2

Jan 14, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400-Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
"Who makes a extra large sand scoop?"
I made a couple of sand scoops.We are having some wet winter days here on the coast and thus the sand is staying wet and packed.
I tried them out one time and they are not good in wet packed sand.I'm glad I brought along my old trusty shovel or it would
have been a tough day.I'm taking it that your beach hunts are fluffy sand. I will never pull these things out again until
maybe summer when the sand dries and becomes lose enough to just scoop the sand with no problems.

Attachments

• sand scoops.jpg
    sand scoops.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 85

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I use the Stealth Scoop 720i hybrid with the Carbon Fiber Handle that Chuck offers with his fine products. Out of the four scoops that I've owned, the 720i is my favorite. Good luck!

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think i ripped my forearm muscles using the 920i.

OP
OP
mattfink

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plus the t rex i have has had to be repaired several times, the welds failed. The local beaches we hunt have had sand dumped on the several times so all the goodies are deep.

SWFLA

Feb 12, 2008
Cape Coral FL
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,
Whites Duel Field pi
Ive got an RTG big 7 scoop and it works great, takes a bigger bite than I can lift.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a t-rex 8inch sand scoop but im looking for something bigger, i know they make a 9inch rex but i want something that will dig deeper faster in deep sand. Thanks

I have 6 different scoops and like the Stealth 920ix with a carbon fiber handle the best. It also has the heavy duty lift assist handle to help get that big slug of wet sand out of the hole. Great combo. I also have a modified 720i to use in cobble/shells/rocks. Now, if you're just dry sand hunting, the non-extreme version will sift faster, but, the stud earrings and thin chains will fall through. The extreme has a smaller holed rear panel to help catch those tiny targets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread