Stealth 920ix will be here tomorrow! First, a few questions.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered the Stealth 920ix sand scoop with carbon fiber handle last week and it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Is it really as good as I'm thinking it'll be?

Also, I'm seeing people mount handles on their scoops for ease of use and to save their backs. Any good handles that I should know about?

Also, how do you mount your handle, facing the front or facing the back? I've seen both and can't help but wonder which would be more convenient.

Thanks for your input.

Upvote 0

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9μS)
That's why I went ahead and opted for the carbon fiber handle. Figured the extra money would be worth it in the long run.
it all depends on your competence ... :)
if you choose the right handle from the ash - buy it ready or correctly treat it with paraffin, then it will last at least 4 years at a price of 1-2 dollars.

if you need a handle for air travel - then really a handle made of carbon pipe only...

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9μS)
I have a shin scar to prove how much the Sunspot 720 likes to dig flesh too! Wave knocked me over.
when I go on a hunt in excitement I take a scoop that weighs only 2 pounds (evroexcavator v.5) then my legs will not have bruises ... :)
scoop 2.85 pounds (M-9) remains at home

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't water detect without my stealth scoop and did put some 1/4 inch hardware wire in the scoop which has saved lots of small ear rings and also eliminated small metal trash from continuing to fall out of the scoop and get it out of the water. I do have the water handle and have had it since 2013, but don't get in the water enough to wear it out.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have the 990 and the 920 and a travel handle. Absolutely love them.

I am 61 and they are very light and manageable.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I've been carrying my Stealth 920iX sand scoop for a year and on 4th handle (2 wood, 1 pvc broke). WARNING; It has the potential to do serious damage if you hit someone with it while swinging it at the beach. Just be careful. A few beaches I hunt I don't take the Stealth because it is too big at 13" x 9", particularly if the sand isn't deep...but nothing is better in the water or surf for fast target recovery.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread