Stealth 920ix will be here tomorrow! First, a few questions.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered the Stealth 920ix sand scoop with carbon fiber handle last week and it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Is it really as good as I'm thinking it'll be?

Also, I'm seeing people mount handles on their scoops for ease of use and to save their backs. Any good handles that I should know about?

Also, how do you mount your handle, facing the front or facing the back? I've seen both and can't help but wonder which would be more convenient.

Thanks for your input.

Upvote 0

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a Raptor pull handle designed for sand scoops, which works beautifully for digging in wet sand/clay layers common at the east coast beaches of Florida. I'm sure there are other manufacturers of similar designs which work equally as well. Just make sure you check user reviews of the product before you decide on one - the more reviews, the better. I have the handle facing forward so I can use the back of my forearm against the length of the scoop handle for leverage to make it easier for pulling out scoops of dense or heavy/wet material. That way I use my upper body weight instead of my wrists to remove the scoops of sand. (And I dig with my non-dominant hand, so this method really works!) I hope this helps, and I wish you happy hunting!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ordered the Stealth 920ix sand scoop with carbon fiber handle last week and it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Is it really as good as I'm thinking it'll be?

Also, I'm seeing people mount handles on their scoops for ease of use and to save their backs. Any good handles that I should know about?

Also, how do you mount your handle, facing the front or facing the back? I've seen both and can't help but wonder which would be more convenient.

Thanks for your input.

How much was your set up? Congrats and good luck with it! :occasion14:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Your in New Hampshire, we expect to see some 920 gold soon. Very nice scoop too.

I have the 720, smaller..old man stuff, Love it. I hunt in the water only, put a couple donuts on the handle, with some grip tape to keep the thing from spinning when lifting and fully loaded. I have a fiber glass handle since weight is not a factor in the water and it is a little cheaper but if I hunted out of the water, I would have the carbon fiber for sure. Good Luck!!

And some one gave me that raptor thing but I found it got in the way, now this is in the water where I can be deep. On shore I'm sure its diff..

DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, Equinox 800, Stealth 920xi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yes it will be. After 30+ years of detecting, I got the 920 and have cut my recovery time in half (at least)!
Good luck to you!

OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much was your set up? Congrats and good luck with it! :occasion14:
Bought it from Sunspot for like 450 after shipping. It's the Dream package with carbon fiber handle. Almost embarrassed to admit I paid that much for a sand scoop, but with the awesome reputation of the Stealth, I'm fairly confident it'll be worth it. And who knows, perhaps I'll make it all back at the beach.

OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it will be. After 30+ years of detecting, I got the 920 and have cut my recovery time in half (at least)!
Good luck to you!
Speaking of recovery time, up until now I've used an old short-handled Army folding shovel at the beach. After the first few times with that, I knew there had to be a better way.

OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your in New Hampshire, we expect to see some 920 gold soon. Very nice scoop too.

I have the 720, smaller..old man stuff, Love it. I hunt in the water only, put a couple donuts on the handle, with some grip tape to keep the thing from spinning when lifting and fully loaded. I have a fiber glass handle since weight is not a factor in the water and it is a little cheaper but if I hunted out of the water, I would have the carbon fiber for sure. Good Luck!!

And some one gave me that raptor thing but I found it got in the way, now this is in the water where I can be deep. On shore I'm sure its diff..
Well I just ordered the Raptor from Amazon. It looks like it'll fit the bill nicely. Now to make recovery REALLY easy, I need to find some poor flunkie to dig my targets for me, lol. J/K.

"Quit yer whining and get down in that hole and bring me my gold!"

:D

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have your exact combo and love it. I also got the heavy duty lift handle from Sunspot too. I also have a 720 with a ProHandle from Home Depot. I mount mine in the back. I found that to be the best for me. Try different spots to see how you like it there. Sometimes I drag the scoop if I'm gridding, sometimes I carry it over my shoulder. The loop type handle makes it much easier to hang on to with less fatigue on my poor old fingers and wrist.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"quit yer whining and get down in that hole and bring me my gold.....yer gonna need a patch over one eye and a wooden leg ...and a parrot on yer shoulder....

OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"quit yer whining and get down in that hole and bring me my gold.....yer gonna need a patch over one eye and a wooden leg ...and a parrot on yer shoulder....
Arrrrrr, ye may be right, matey.

OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it arrived and I have to say I am beyond impressed! This thing is built like a tank! And look at the size of it! What's it hold, a gallon or a gallon and a half of sand? Pretty sure one scoop with this thing and you'll have whatever it is you're after.

Absolutely cannot wait to hit the beach now!

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
I have one like yours also and its the best I've ever used. You'll love it I'm sure.

stavr

Nov 9, 2008
Odessa
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 & Explorer XS & GQAS v.2 Eric Foster &Eureka Gold & PI Dolphin (HM 9μS)
You will love the Stealth 920, :laughing7:

Last edited by a moderator:

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
I've had the 920ix for a year now and made the mistake of NOT buying the carbon fiber handle...have replaced the handle (2-wood, 1 PVC pipe) 3x and on 4th (PVC) handle now (all broken in rock piles). The scoop is a monster and indeed saves time digging, esp deeper targets. Care is needed in handling the Stealth 920ix on beach - could cause serious injury if you accidentally hit someone with it.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or have a wave bang it into your shin! :censored:

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
I love mine. It has brought me lots of gold. You won't regret buying it. The only thing is that once the wooden handle is in place and used in the water you wont be getting it out again. Other than that it's awesome.

OP
OP
laidback4sho

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love mine. It has brought me lots of gold. You won't regret buying it. The only thing is that once the wooden handle is in place and used in the water you wont be getting it out again. Other than that it's awesome.
That's why I went ahead and opted for the carbon fiber handle. Figured the extra money would be worth it in the long run.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread