Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What’s your favorite?

Here are my observations

GARRETT CAMO POUCH
Gets full of water and air and looks like a bag pipe while in water. Punching holes in bottom for water to drain helps but not ideal

CBBF3EFD-B6F6-4EEE-82C9-E696BAB91C54.jpeg

All others that are open goodies float away while in water

B33F90FA-94BF-4923-89D5-5B67A81931C0.jpeg

Only one that kinda works is this one with a mesh bottom and zipper pockets but it still seems awkward for me

31498966-17AD-43C0-9120-4F754B0B0D7B.jpeg

What do you use for water hunting? Attach a photo so we can all see.

Cheers and thanx

‘Scoop

Upvote 0

Golden oaks

Aug 4, 2012
BEACH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY!
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Excalibur II
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I picked up the Whites Signature Series utility pouch at Kellyco while detecting in FL last December. So far, I am very pleased with the ample storage for water bottles, pinpointer, coin pouch and large trash container with mesh bottom. It also has a zipper pocket for security.

bag2.jpg bag.jpg

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

John in West Florida Pouch, this vid is 2010, still have the same pouch, but did purchase a back up a few years ago. Getting old, it's a bad thing to forget so got to have a extra in the ski. I like the fact all is zippered.

Same as WW below. On ebay under JPFOTOG

Last edited:

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Over 2,000 hours in the water and still I can't find a better one. So I stopped.

Pro Beach & Water Hunting Pouch -
This is the pouch used by many of the most successful beach and water hunters
. Made entirely of tough corrosion proof marine grade materials, this pouch will hold up to many years of hard use in fresh or salt water. PVC coated polyester industrial mesh allows water to drain from the front "goodies" pocket into the rear trash pocket and out the bottom.

The large 11" x 10" main compartment holds your common finds such as coins and trash items. The smaller front pocket is designed to securely hold your valuable treasures. No "glint of gold" can be seen by wandering eyes! The zipper for this pocket has a pull string so that it can be differentiated from the trash pocket without needing to see it. Zippers are superior to Velcro for both ease of use and protecting your valuable finds from loss in heavy surf or while diving.

The pouch is permanently attached to a 2" wide adjustable nylon belt with a super-strong polyacetal quick-release buckle. This allows the user to zip and unzip the treasure pocket with one hand.

• Proven design
  • Made in USA
  • Perfect for water or land detecting
  • Large 11" x 10" trash pocket.
  • Secure YKK marine grade zippers.
  • Tough Ballistic Nylon and industrial mesh
  • No need to buy a separate belt
  • Fits waists up to 52 inches

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 128

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a few - but do use the Garrett one and put slits in bottom and works for me - I always put a piece of lead in bottom so it does not float up or flip up in rough water - works for me
I also use a Kellyco one - has Velcro closure which is a pain - so I bought some Velcro and put strip on both sides so it stays open
Hoping to put them both to use in a few days - gonna do some cold water hunting hopefully

OP
OP
WaterScoop

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over 2,000 hours in the water and still I can't find a better one. So I stopped.

. Made entirely of tough corrosion proof marine grade materials, this pouch will hold up to many years of hard use in fresh or salt water. PVC coated polyester industrial mesh allows water to drain from the front "goodies" pocket into the rear trash pocket and out the bottom.

The large 11" x 10" main compartment holds your common finds such as coins and trash items. The smaller front pocket is designed to securely hold your valuable treasures. No "glint of gold" can be seen by wandering eyes! The zipper for this pocket has a pull string so that it can be differentiated from the trash pocket without needing to see it. Zippers are superior to Velcro for both ease of use and protecting your valuable finds from loss in heavy surf or while diving.

The pouch is permanently attached to a 2" wide adjustable nylon belt with a super-strong polyacetal quick-release buckle. This allows the user to zip and unzip the treasure pocket with one hand.

• Proven design
  • Made in USA

Who sells this WaterWalker?

Thanx buddy

‘Scoop

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

• Proven design
  • Made in USA

I've been using this same model for almost 20 years. It's an awesome pouch.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

• Proven design
  • Made in USA

I have this one and the Kellyco one. Both have their plusses and minuses. The only real knock I have on this one is that it doesn't sift all that well with our course beach sand here in SoCal. With the fine sugar sand you have in Florida, it works ok though. The Kellyco one sifts good, but, as mentioned, the velcro can be a pain sometimes. It's a bit smaller too, so, if you haul out crusty aluminum cans from the surf like I do, you need all the room you can find. I also like the fact that this one has the stitched in belt, so, it doesn't accidentally slide out of the pouch while handling it, putting it on, or taking it off. The Kellyco one is half the price (and sometimes free with a purchase :icon_thumright:), but, I've worn two of them out, whereas, I'm still on my first one of these. It's getting a bit worn in the corners however, so, I guess I should order a backup soon.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
That's the one (on eBay). I bought the 2" belt because my detecting partner has the 1 1/2" belt. Now its easy to tell which one is mine.

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Last edited:

veemaxx

Dec 22, 2015
Raymond, Ne
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, BH Tracker 4, XP Deus, (CTX 3030 sold due to elbow pain)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just us an old fanny pack, it has two zippered compartments, one for trash and the other for treasure, and both have small grommets on the bottoms to drain water. I leave the trash side partially unzipped for ease of use. I have another fanny pack with a big quick release and wide belt that I wear with the bag behind me with a couple of homemade lead ingots for weight. I always position the quick release just to the front of my right hip for quick access. I'm cheap i guess.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am working on a new 3 zip pouch for $99.99...

But for anyone I will make for half price for a limited time.

Reason for this amazing deal is... "just because its you"

:P

Here is a sneak peak of it before assembly... of the high grade material...

IMG_1404.jpg

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheap Walmart fanny pack.
They used to be $5.99, I pick up a few, when they're in stock at the "tourist" Walmart.
Not all have the same stock, so I have to check a couple of different stores.
Last time I looked, I think they went up a dollar or so, plus, they had some that were a little more heavy duty material, with a Marlins logo or some other team, nah.... I don't go for that, I like simple.

Hahaha, I also incorporate AARCs' method of multiple freezer ziplocs to keep keys etc dry....
Oddly, these cheap little fanny packs, seems to last a really long time, too....

400x225-2.jpeg

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I tried several and finally settled on this one from Amazon. The major deficiency is that if you pull out beer cans and the such, it fills up pretty quickly. The major advantage is that water drains right out.

61dRHEJqh4L._SX522_.jpg

Plus, it's only like $14.00

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I leave my beer cans at home. My hunting area is 6km and sometimes 6 hrs, so I dont carry other peoples garbage. Yes, I know, but thats my plan, to slow the other hunters! but they dont pick up the cans either. Fanny pack is what I use, cheap and effective.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions