Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I wasn't planning to hunt but the wife hit my dog with a shoe, on purpose, and I thought it better to go metal detecting and stew on it for a while before leaving our marriage of 39 years. And wouldn't you now, she ended up getting a beautiful sterling and diamond Infinity ring.

I decided to go to the local beach and just grid a less than popular area; off the beaten path...sort of how I was feeling. And only because I was gridding the beach did I scan over soft fluffy sand that probably wouldn't hold the weight of an ant without sinking. Any ways, got this 12:23 reading from my CTX 3030, and this corresponds to a pull-tab or push-tab which made perfect sense given the soft sand. Only because I try to dig everything in my acceptance range and wasn't particularly busy, I decided to dig the tab and to my surprise out came this beautiful, sterling and diamond Infinity (or figure 8) ring with a channel of 11 diamonds (1.28g, 12:23). Unfortunately the ring was size 7; my wife's size. Another ring seizure.

Sterling and Diamond Infinity ring 031318.jpg

Three things weren't going for me discovering the ring. First, the ring came up as a 12:23, many times I have passed digging 12:23s because they're tabs in my book (or perhaps I should say in my detector). Second, I don't hunt soft fluffy sand because it is usually newer, blown sand that doesn't contain any thing and if anything is there it should sink like a rock if it has any weight at all. Third, I shouldn't have been hunting at all. So the odds were definitely against me finding the ring today; But the wife sure is glad I did and you just never know; we might make it to number 40. Have to see what the dog says. In the mean time, happy hinting.

Upvote 0

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool ring! I rarely hit anything with a 12 at my beach. Thus, I dig crap most of the time.
My wife has a thing for infinity symbols in jewelry - if I had found that she might actually like it. So far most of my findings don’t get her approval. My dog tolerates both of us and would grab that shoe and take it under the piano and chew it up.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try and dig it all - that's why I hunt in all metal
many times ive found a thin white gold ring that others could not pic up cause it read as crap or not at all on other machines

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife hits the dog with a shoe and gets rewarded with a ring? The ring is beautiful, hopefully it softens her mood

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll dig 12-23's all day long! And 12-everything else's too. My two nicest rings were small platinum/diamond engagement rings that read 12-02. I've also had diamond stud earrings that read 12-01. Big gold can range all the way up to the mid 12-40's where the silver is. To me, there are no bad non-ferrous numbers at the beach. Now the parks....that's a different story! :laughing7:

OP
OP
L

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'll dig 12-23's all day long! And 12-everything else's too. My two nicest rings were small platinum/diamond engagement rings that read 12-02. I've also had diamond stud earrings that read 12-01. Big gold can range all the way up to the mid 12-40's where the silver is. To me, there are no bad non-ferrous numbers at the beach. Now the parks....that's a different story! :laughing7:

Yea, last year I dug 100 juice tops at 12:02 for a beautiful 1.22g gold and diamond channel ring and have dug 200+ of those 12:02s looking for the next one this year without luck, yet. I dig about half of the 12:01s that I come across, but continue to be discouraged by the small pieces of foil...must have dug 400+ of them this year and nothing, yet. And I agree 100% in that gold came "ring-in" any where along the FE12 line with the tiniest ear ring registering 12:01 to the heaviest gold ring registering 12:46+. Dig it all if you want to find it all even the dreaded 12:15, a pull-tab in my machine, except when it isn't.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread