Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Awoke at 5am and started my day as usual; coffee, crown and Oat Meal, in that order. But I had some fishy fish the day before and it didn't sit well with me or perhaps I should say with my stomach. I like to run but not that kind. TBI. After breakfast I felt better and suited up with trunks, skin and wetsuit before driving 30 minutes to the beach. Air temp was an unexpected 38 degrees and the water was 62 and this is Florida! I thought my wetsuit would keep me warm as I headed to the beach and soon into the water. The plan worked, initially.

It was 6:10 in the morning and I was heading south to the beach, excited to hit the water after a long time absence (2 weeks). This is Florida and nothing is much happening early morning and I was making good time...and then it happened. My stomach started to ache and swell; I knew it was probably just gas but couldn't chance it. I had my wetsuit and skin on for warmth, not to mention a thick sweatshirt. My stomach started talking to me in a familiar yet forbidding voice and I knew I had to find a bathroom soon and the closest one was 20 minutes ahead at the beach. I can make it, I thought. I may have been speeding, I don't really remember, but the next thing I knew I was pulling up to the front of the park restrooms. I was out of the car headed towards the restrooms before the engine died. The door, the firkin door - if its locked I'll die. Its locked!!! No wait, stuck.

Mental note to self: Never, ever wear a full wetsuit with a zipper in the back with a full length skin with zipper in the front and trucks that I still can't figure how to get the fu***** things off.

Hitting the water paid-off in more ways than one. In the second hour of my 8 hr hunt, my ring detectors in my head were firing when I snagged a nice looking silver (.925) Gent's ring (7.89g, 13:46 on CTX 3030) with a nice CZ quality center stone.

Sterling Gents Ring 031618.jpg

In the 7th hour of my hunt, the ring detectors in my head were shooting off like the 4th of July. I snagged a beautiful and Hugh 14k Nugget ring (10.88g, 12:25) with 1/4 ct center diamond and four .02 ct corner diamonds. Ring face looks something like the state of Texas. [I think it is a nugget ring, please correct if wrong.]

Nugget Ring 14k w 5 Diamonds 031618.jpg

Both rings were in about 4 ft of water. I was cold; not at first but after swinging the CTX 3030 17" coil all day with only a 2/3mm wetsuit in 62 deg water I think my core body temp started to drop. I need to take a long warm shower. I hope I can stop smiling long enough to wash my face; otherwise, I'll be washing out my mouth with soap.
Happy Hunting.

Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome hunt! Gold and silver!!! Congrats!!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to hang tough!!!!

adh247

Oct 30, 2007
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Special Edition
I can see the headlines: "Metal Detectorist with 3030 finds bathroom, oh and a couple rings"

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
too cold for me even with a wet suit! That gold ring is fab! congrats!

DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, Equinox 800, Stealth 920xi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very interesting gold ring! Nice weight, too. My first thought was that it looked like a bunch of gold teeth with diamond chips in them. Great snag!

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing better than a couple nice rings and nothing worse than "die-rear" with a wetsuit on....lol

OP
OP
L

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest: