Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I got my equinox 800 yesterday and tried it today. I found about 70 cents in about an hour on a local beach here. Haven't found much on the beach here lately with all the sand replenishment going on. I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing blue tooth connection problems. I set it up at the beach and it worked fine for about 20 minutes and then quit. The headphones were charged and the phones were showing connected on the screen. I never could get any audio back out of the headphones. I tried to reconnect a million times. I am also getting a hum out of the speaker without the headphones after ground balancing and noise canceling. I get the same tone when I hardwire the phones directly into the back of the unit. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Upvote 0

Goldstar1

May 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a 600 with Miccus SR 71 headphones (bluetooth LL ),havent had any problems at all everything has been working great. Did you try a factory reset ? that hum sounds strange , are you using the threshhold? If nothing else call minelab repair center. Please let us know what it turns out to be.
Good luck I hope you get it figured out.

OP
OP
slider66

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
I have a 600 with Miccus SR 71 headphones (bluetooth LL ),havent had any problems at all everything has been working great. Did you try a factory reset ? that hum sounds strange , are you using the threshhold? Good luck I hope you get it figured out.

Yes I am using threshold. I'll be trying it again tomorrow morning. I'm using the headphones that came with it.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got my equinox 800 yesterday and tried it today. I found about 70 cents in about an hour on a local beach here. Haven't found much on the beach here lately with all the sand replenishment going on. I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing blue tooth connection problems. I set it up at the beach and it worked fine for about 20 minutes and then quit. The headphones were charged and the phones were showing connected on the screen. I never could get any audio back out of the headphones. I tried to reconnect a million times. I am also getting a hum out of the speaker without the headphones after ground balancing and noise canceling. I get the same tone when I hardwire the phones directly into the back of the unit. Is anyone else experiencing this?

No problems here. Check volume on machine and headphones?

howie#1

Aug 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at manual it's probably the threshold, I have mine set at 1 and can hear hum zero and it's gone. With headphones and internal speaker. The second speaker setting is the threshold. The speaker icon with three straight bars is the place you adjust minus or plus button. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
slider66

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Look at manual it's probably the threshold, I have mine set at 1 and can hear hum zero and it's gone. With headphones and internal speaker. The second speaker setting is the threshold. The speaker icon with three straight bars is the place you adjust minus or plus button. Hope this helps.

Thanks, that is what it was. The bluetooth is still acting up. I work on that and get it working.

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, that is what it was. The bluetooth is still acting up. I work on that and get it working.

I had some issues with bluetooth today... it was connected to my phone but would not connect to the machine. Took about 5 binding and power cycle attempts and finally got it connected again.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just FYI, the bluetooth always first looks for the WM8, once it can not locate the WM8 it then looks for the Bluetooth headphones. If your WM-8 is turned on it will never look for the blue tooth Headphones.

OP
OP
slider66

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Just FYI, the bluetooth always first looks for the WM8, once it can not locate the WM8 it then looks for the Bluetooth headphones. If your WM-8 is turned on it will never look for the blue tooth Headphones.

Well it seems like I forgot to use the Aux cable into the WM-8 and thought it would go wireless from the WM-8 as an interface without the Aux cable. With the Aux cable plugged into the Wm-8 it works great. I am heading out tomorrow for an all day hunt in Sunny South Florida. i give some more feedback on this awesome machine tomorrow. Its been great so far.

Tank Circuit

Sep 7, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this older thread while searching for answers for my similar Bluetooth issues. Perhaps others have seen this problem and would like to chime in too.

Here is what I divined about my Equinox 800. Some days it works perfectly, you turn it ON and you see the B/T + (latency) icon on the screen showing it remembers the pairing information and the ML-80 headphones immediately get paired. Other days it starts the same but perhaps 20 minutes later the audio goes scratchy then it fades out completely. A couple of seconds later the B/T logo starts blinking again and you can hear normal audio coming from the built-in speaker. At this point, I found it is time to get out the WM-08 because it will probably not pair again for hours.
The symptoms when it isn't working correctly are as follows. If I turn the Nox OFF and then back ON the B/T logo isn't showing anymore. If I try to start the pairing sequence from scratch, it will only look for the wireless module (yes, I have turned the WM-08 OFF). If I press the wireless button for over 10 seconds the Wi-Fi logo blinks for the normal 30 seconds then it exits the auto-pair sequence. It never even attempts to look for B/T devices. Resetting the Nox (FP) doesn't bring back the B/T functions either. Hours later I can try again and most times the B/T functions are restored.

I know it's not the ML80 headphones because it still pairs to my cell, and it isn't a battery charge problem since they all have come directly from a full charge.

When I first encountered this issue I marked it off as a noob user mistake, but now that I have many hours and days of experience, I think I am grasping all the features and settings. It has happened too many time to be a fluke, I suspect it is time to get Minelab involved. I was hoping this thread would include a solution to this issue.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank Circuit, I think your only course of action is to call Minelab. They'll take care of it for you.

Props Master

Apr 30, 2020
Decatur, GA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello, I would love to know what became of this issue. How was it resolved? I just got the Nox also and cannot gets the Bluetooth icon to show up on the screen as well as pair to the headphones. As others above has said I get the headphone icon and wifi icon ,fully charged, works with phone. Watched all the videos on YouTube. Screen flashes when pairing starts but stops after about 5 seconds , then nothing.
Thank you for your time and help in advance!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pick a higher channel, make sure your WM08 is turned off too.

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Personally I gave up on Bluetooth with the Equinox 800 and exclusively use high grade wired ear buds with the WM08 module. The WM08 has zero latency and the sound in much louder than what comes out of my wired Pelso waterproof headphones, for example. But have had some issues with the WM08 not fully charging - believed to be due to salt air corossion of the terminals which need regular cleaning when living in a salt air (e.g., Florida) environment.

Tank Circuit

Sep 7, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the long lapse in time. Right after this problem occurred the screen started acting up too. I contacted Minelab and a week later I had a new control pod.
I did talk to the technician briefly and he said that they were going to send a completely new control assembly. They saw the screen wouldn't show an image and never even tested the B/T function.
I asked if perhaps water had entered the device and caused these failures. He told me that they do not open the pods at this facility, they just replace the defective subassembly and then send them back to HQ.
The new pod has been working for the last 1.5 years (knock on wood). I just installed my new carbon-fiber telegraphing shaft last night and I am heading out to find some treasure today.

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turn BT off on the phone or the headphones will connect to it first...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions