Skunked - when to cut your losses ?

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Iā€™ve pounded this place for 18 hours! One junker stainless ring and a pendant.

Iā€™ve found a few beaver tails, countless melted globs of aluminum, fishing weights, two water logged cell phones, and a Bluetooth .. Signs of an old dock exist from lots of iron..

There was so much trash, Iā€™ve removed 3 5lb. Buckets of trash, waters coming back up so Iā€™m probably done till next fall.

Happy Easter 2018.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1522497566.505678.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1522497620.592469.jpg

Upvote 0

johnwon2

Jun 21, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark & Equinox-800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Being new to beach & water detecting, also a Pulse Induction detector my lack of target wasn't the wife but a mistake of mine. Seems my aging eyes had the pulse timing up, realizing this tonight and air testing it this way puts my search depth at about 1".
I'm angry at myself for missing this and the thought of covering as much area as we did but after all the reason I got the PI detector was to get the Mrs. some exercise.

I was down at the beach yesterday and after about 30 minutes of nothing other than a beer can, I said something must be up... looked over the detector and realized that my son had turned the sensitivity ALL the way down to 1! It happens :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread