Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
While working the water at my favorite beach this morning with the NOX 800 I came across a target and known to me by the tones it was a mobile phone so I painstakingly recovered it from 3 feet of water and 3 inches of sand and an Iphone finally ends up in my scoop. I notice that there is very little water in the lifeproof case so I stick in my pocket and continue on my hunt. Finally end up with a tiny silver ring and a small silver earring. I get home after 7 hours at the beach and take the phone out of it case and plug it in. WHAT!!! it is charging and working after about 10 minutes of charging it starts up then I look at the emergency contacts and there is all the information I needed. 1 hour later I am talking to the owner and arraigning a safe return to him in WA. Here is the amazing part as he lost the phone MARCH 2nd and I found it a month later. Iphone 7 plus in a lifeproof case amazing.

Upvote 0

Wiganer

Jan 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Whites dual field beast, with Anderson shaft.
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My wife found an iPhone 6s last month, dug it out of the waters edge, I couldn't trace the owner so we sold it on eBay for parts only, it made a whopping $1.25 , but cost me $4 to sell it, so the next one I find I'm going to smash it to pieces with the scoop, or throw it back in deeper.:BangHead:

GroundBalanced

Aug 4, 2017
WestCoast-FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife found an iPhone 6s last month, dug it out of the waters edge, I couldn't trace the owner so we sold it on eBay for parts only, it made a whopping $1.25 , but cost me $4 to sell it, so the next one I find I'm going to smash it to pieces with the scoop, or throw it back in deeper.:BangHead:

Wiganer... Did you consider that your find was actually GOLD, SILVER, COPPER and PLATINUM! Whoa!! :)

There are 0.034 grams of gold in each cell phone, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. That's the equivalent of 0.001 troy ounces, worth about $1.82 at today's prices. There are also 16 grams of copper, worth about 12 cents, 0.35 grams of silver, worth 36 cents, and 0.00034 grams of platinum, valued at 2 cents.

OP
OP
T

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
waa.jpg

Wally and his long lost phone returned!!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally have never asked for any reward on my dozen or so returns but if offered I would gladly accept as I know they are thankful to get their items back.
Ive returned 9 rings...never asked for a reward but was given one 8 of the 9 times...the only time I didn't get one was by a guy who said if I found his ring "Ill give you a BIG reward"...the other 8 didn't say anything about a reward but still gave me one.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice return!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wally even got his souvenir shirt on. Happy guy with his phone back!

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Todd, nice return yea their not cheap.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

updownup

Mar 28, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Cz 20, Excalibur, Whites oldies and Sovereign elite.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kudos to Todd! Good karma coming your way.

fuceye

Dec 13, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites xlt,ctx3030,equinox 850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great gob, got to get me one of those life cases for my phone...

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The owner really helped me by making sure the Emergency contact information was there as most people never set that up. He had his spouse, mom and a friend listed with phone numbers.

Smart. Usually when I find them they are locked, no emergency info, and they are not connected to service anymore as the person already got a new phone, so I can't return. Surprisingly they sell for parts for decent money.

OP
OP
T

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have sold a few on flebay that were ruined with saltwater damage and have made a few bucks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread