Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Iphone return

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Todd In Lutz FL

Apr 2014
    Lutz FL
    Equinox 800,CTX with Coiltek 14x9 coil, T-Rex scoop and ATPro
    631 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Iphone return

While working the water at my favorite beach this morning with the NOX 800 I came across a target and known to me by the tones it was a mobile phone so I painstakingly recovered it from 3 feet of water and 3 inches of sand and an Iphone finally ends up in my scoop. I notice that there is very little water in the lifeproof case so I stick in my pocket and continue on my hunt. Finally end up with a tiny silver ring and a small silver earring. I get home after 7 hours at the beach and take the phone out of it case and plug it in. WHAT!!! it is charging and working after about 10 minutes of charging it starts up then I look at the emergency contacts and there is all the information I needed. 1 hour later I am talking to the owner and arraigning a safe return to him in WA. Here is the amazing part as he lost the phone MARCH 2nd and I found it a month later. Iphone 7 plus in a lifeproof case amazing.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2017
    Northern Virginia
    AT PRO/Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche diggers, and the custom made Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
    1346 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Very nice save, I know them Iphones are not cheap and many people have unrecoverable photos and such on them, HONORABLE MENTION for an excellent return.
    Kray Gelder and trdking like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    14001 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    May your next swing find gold!
    Kray Gelder and trdking like this.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Mar 2018
    East TN
    Tesoro Cutlass II, Land Ranger Pro
    82 times
    Metal Detecting
    Unbelievable that it still worked! Hats off to you for taking the time to return it.
    Kray Gelder likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Todd In Lutz FL

Apr 2014
    Lutz FL
    631 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    The owner really helped me by making sure the Emergency contact information was there as most people never set that up. He had his spouse, mom and a friend listed with phone numbers.
    Kray Gelder likes this.

Apr 2015
    CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
    1083 times
    Metal Detecting
    Can't believe you dug it without breaking it with the scoop
    Kray Gelder likes this.
    Minelab Equinox 800 + Fisher CZ-21

... waiting to see that elusive dowser on the beach with a bucket of gold rings ...

us
    Aug 2017
    WestCoast-FL
    Minelab Equinox 600
    68 times
    Nice Job Toddbbq. I was just at the beach on Saturday. No cellphones in the water though, but I would be interested to know what TID# & characteristics you know cellphones under the coil by. Can you share?

Charter Member
    us
    Todd In Lutz FL

Apr 2014
    Lutz FL
    631 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Last year I found one in the water and thought it was a silver target as the TID on the ctx showed. But when I was recovering it I put the scoop thru the screen and dented the back needless to say it was destroyed. When I got that same kind of signal on the EQ800 today I had a memory flashback from last year and just took my time. The TID is a bouncy 39 to 40 and when you sweep the coil across it you can tell it is a large target unlike a ring which is a smaller target.

us
    ARRG

Feb 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
    141 times
    Shipwrecks
    Great! Nice you felt it was a phone and took care. A friend got an iPhone 7 Plus a year and half ago. He knew I wanted a new phone and we talked about the I phone 7 plus. He called me one day, he was going sailing with a friend and was getting picked up at a local marina and waited on the dock. While he was there a diver was going in. He asked what he was going in for. He said someone lost a cell phone. 5 minutes later he came out with a iPhone 7 Plus and it was on and working no case. He called me and I got one the next day. I hope you find a gold ring soon!

Charter Member
    us
    Gare or Gary

Dec 2012
    Canton Ohio Area
    338 times
    Congratulations on the find ! Congratulations on the return ! But please tell us all how the return went and what did the owner say when you called him and did they say how they lost it ? Come on tell us the story
    Only TWO things in the world that spook my horses THINGS THAT MOVE and THINGS THAT DON'T MOVE !!!

us
    D. Meeker

Mar 2006
    Gulf Coast, Fl
    Blue Xcals and CTX
    830 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    I got one a couple of days back..... but mine was in seriously bad shape. Just a reminder take those cases off and check um. I remembered what Cliff told me about finding money...... sure enough, $100 in between the phone and case.
    lookindown likes this.
    Whatever you do in life, surround yourself with smart people who'll argue with you.... John Wooden.

Charter Member
    us
    Todd In Lutz FL

Apr 2014
    Lutz FL
    631 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I got one with a 20 bill inside the phone under the back cover as I was looking to see if there was a memory card in it as it was water logged.

Charter Member
    us
    Todd In Lutz FL

Apr 2014
    Lutz FL
    631 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Here is the story on how the phone was lost. Wally who is from WA. takes his family on a FL. vacation starting with a cruise then a trip to Orlando and then a day trip to the beach. Well Wally decides to go for a swim and forgot that he had his phone in his pocket and ooops he comes out of the water and cannot find his phone. A month later and I am doing some water hunting and bingo out of the water and into my scoop is his phone. I take it home and charge it and to my amazement it works. Called the number in his emergency contacts and they put him in contact with me. He is in total disbelief that I found it. Made arraignments to send it back to him and all is good. He has some very special memories on the phone that he can finally have. You gotta love KARMA!!
    Gare, River Rat and GopherDaGold like this.

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    12346 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	good-deed[1] (1).jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	49.0 KB 
ID:	1573190
    SWFLA and Dechert360 like this.
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

Charter Member
    us
    Gare or Gary

Dec 2012
    Canton Ohio Area
    338 times
    Great story thanks for taking time to post it
    I bet he did not believe you t first when you called him. Did he give you a reward ?
    Only TWO things in the world that spook my horses THINGS THAT MOVE and THINGS THAT DON'T MOVE !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links