Anyone looked at the bill Rick Scott just approved?

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From what I heard on the news is that the property owners can restrict access to THIER beach front property only ABOVE the mean high tide line. Which can be confusing as the high tide line moves daily. I hope I remembered this correctly. I don't hunt very many places where this should be a problem but others may.

OP
OP
F

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok so now anyone with beach front property whos property line extends into the dry sand can fence it off and have people booted for trespassing, where previously they could not. Why do i feel like large hotel chains had nice dinners and property shopping with Rick?

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RI,CT are the same way it has been that way for awhile now.
Just step in the water/wet when they say "I am calling the COPS".
I deal with it surf casting RI all the time there are homemade signs up saying NO TRESPASSING I just walk right by them.

Also make sure to EMAIL him and let him know your thoughts on it.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ma. is same - high tide mark - people can walk the water line as long as they are "passing thru"
ive had a few times some old biddy yell at me in the water - "This is a private beach sir!"
- that's what is great about wearing a mask and snorkel and head phones - I just sink down and ignore them
I still see guys hunting with out headphones on the dry sand - don't know how they do it

OP
OP
F

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I guess it's less sand to search if people can't use it. I hope these people with private beaches plan to pay for their own dredging to restore the sand lost after big storms.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I guess it's less sand to search if people can't use it. I hope these people with private beaches plan to pay for their own dredging to restore the sand lost after big storms.

And pay their full share of flood/storm insurance instead of our tax money subsidizing them.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I equate this to the same thing as the city saying home owners have the right to putting signs and fences over public sidewalks and curb strips and forcing people to walk in the street. Hmmm...maybe thats next?

OP
OP
F

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I equate this to the same thing as the city saying home owners have the right to putting signs and fences over public sidewalks and curb strips and forcing people to walk in the street. Hmmm...maybe thats next?

Only if Rick Scott gets a sideway thru his yard in the near future.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK help me out. Not being from Fl. If they close the land in front of a lake front home to just the home owner and persons he gives permission to doseen't that change Mel Fishers claims then ?

bklein

Feb 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to organize a “Reject and Detect” rally at a popular beach....

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't hunt the dry sand but many others do...I may go up in the dry now...When the owner comes and tells me he owns to the high tide Ill say, good the tide goes to the dunes in storms...when he says "the mean high tide line, Ill say "show me that line"...when he cant Ill say Ill call the cops so they can show us...of course they cant...It would take charts and a surveyor on site to show you the exact real property line...Im just tired enough of new laws like this to go and have some fun with it and be a total ass.

OP
OP
F

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't hunt the dry sand but many others do...I may go up in the dry now...When the owner comes and tells me he owns to the high tide Ill say, good the tide goes to the dunes in storms...when he says "the mean high tide line, Ill say "show me that line"...when he cant Ill say Ill call the cops so they can show us...of course they cant...It would take charts and a surveyor on site to show you the exact real property line...Im just tired enough of new laws like this to go and have some fun with it and be a total ass.

Right.. yeah mean high tide is I think over 9 years or something like that. Just ask them to show you their property stakes. Oops there are none.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK help me out. Not being from Fl. If they close the land in front of a lake front home to just the home owner and persons he gives permission to doseen't that change Mel Fishers claims then ?

Lakes are a different story. They can be privately owned. The ocean can't.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What was under water at high tide is dry at low tide. Tide also change so a -1.5 tide leaves more sand than a +1 low tide.

Send an email to the Florida Governor complaining about the new law and make sure you tell him they are not to use our taxes to re-sand any beach that is in front of any hotel or home since that is now private property. I have already sent one stating since the dry sand in front of private homes and hotels is now considered private property I want assurances our tax dollars will not be used to re-sand these private properties.

https://www.flgov.com/contact-gov-scott/email-the-governor/

Last edited:

8Keeper

Nov 5, 2017
Daytona, FL
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Volusia county residents are fighting back right now. With the new Hard Rock laying claim to the beach in front of their new hotel. Pilings were planted already so no driving there.

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This is so unacceptable. We need to adopt Mexico’s law. All beaches regardless open to public and can’t be bought and kept away from public!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is so unacceptable. We need to adopt Mexico’s law. All beaches regardless open to public and can’t be bought and kept away from public!

That is what Florida was. Need peoplke to email governor and advise our tax dollars are not to be used to resand private beaches, I have already emailed the governor.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread