Gold Teeth Caps at 12:03 on CTX 3030 WHAT?

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It was a long day; 8 hours of hunting to be exact. I decided to work the water line while I traveled down the beach to enter the water at the other end for a change. I had been in the water detecting a short time when I heard this guy behind me say "Hey, That's my spot." As I turned, there was Ron Lord, premier metal detectorist. We chatted for a few and then he headed up the beach away from me - that guy can find a gold ring in a sand box. Always interested in what Ron has to say and his recent finds. Beforehand, I decided to grid from the water line to about 4ft deep for about a mile. I was in it for 8 hrs. It was in my third hour that I came across the Sterling and Jade ring (2.88g).

Sterling Ring w Jade 040618.jpg

I play this game while metal detecting; guessing what I'll pull-up given the FE:CO numbers. In this case the CTX 3030 was reading 12:40 - solid copper cent in my book or should I say machine. And I remember it as clear as day. I said to myself; "this is a copper cent, 100% certain." WRONG. I was surprised to find the Sterling and Jade ring in my scoop where a cent was suppose to be. Not that I'm complaining. But lesson learned; Ya never know.

I headed to the parking lot to feed the meter and myself (piece of Breakfast bread from Publics) when Lookindown, who frequents TNet stopped to chat. He actually gave me words of encouragement and thanked me for my TNet posts. Put a smile on my face. Back to the hunt.

It was 6 hrs into my hunt and I was in 4 ft of water when I got the strongest signal reading 12:03 I have ever gotten in my life. It was screaming! Usually, 12:03 is a small piece of foil or the like and this was no piece of foil. I picked it on my first scoop and had to look for a minute to believe my eyes. There looking back at me was this set of teeth! Actually, they were a set of 6 gold teeth caps (3.64g). Now, that was a first. If you look closely you'll see that the 6 teeth caps are feathered at the bottom. Dental gold runs 10-22K and denture gold is reported to be 86% pure gold (about 20k). So, if you're a CTX 3030 user, now you know where a set of gold caps fall on the FE:CO continuum. When I got home and air tested the gold caps they were consistently 12:02. :laughing7:

Gold Dentures 040618.jpg

A few other noteworthy finds for the day include a small Sterling Greek Orthodox cross (1.46g, 12:27) and a gold colored tube (13/32" x 1/4", 12:25). Have to test the tube.

Sterling Cross 040618.jpg

Goldoid piece 040618.jpg

Happy Hunting

Upvote 0

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and a good day of hunting. As far as the gold crowns you may want to test them. I have a couple of sets and found you can order just about anything from cheap gold plated to expensive gold and platinum ones. Most people call them "gold grills". If you google that you will get a ton of information. The two I have found are just cheaper gold plated ones. Good luck. Congrats on the finds.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a long day; 8 hours of hunting to be exact. I decided to work the water line while I traveled down the beach to enter the water at the other end for a change. I had been in the water detecting a short time when I heard this guy behind me say "Hey, That's my spot." As I turned, there was Ron Lord, premier metal detectorist. We chatted for a few and then he headed up the beach away from me - that guy can find a gold ring in a sand box. Always interested in what Ron has to say and his recent finds. Beforehand, I decided to grid from the water line to about 4ft deep for about a mile. I was in it for 8 hrs. It was in my third hour that I came across the Sterling and Jade ring (2.88g).

View attachment 1575486

I play this game while metal detecting; guessing what I'll pull-up given the FE:CO numbers. In this case the CTX 3030 was reading 12:40 - solid copper cent in my book or should I say machine. And I remember it as clear as day. I said to myself; "this is a copper cent, 100% certain." WRONG. I was surprised to find the Sterling and Jade ring in my scoop where a cent was suppose to be. Not that I'm complaining. But lesson learned; Ya never know.

I headed to the parking lot to feed the meter and myself (piece of Breakfast bread from Publics) when Lookindown, who frequents TNet stopped to chat. He actually gave me words of encouragement and thanked me for my TNet posts. Put a smile on my face. Back to the hunt.

It was 6 hrs into my hunt and I was in 4 ft of water when I got the strongest signal reading 12:03 I have ever gotten in my life. It was screaming! Usually, 12:03 is a small piece of foil or the like and this was no piece of foil. I picked it on my first scoop and had to look for a minute to believe my eyes. There looking back at me was this set of teeth! Actually, they were a set of 6 gold teeth caps (3.64g). Now, that was a first. If you look closely you'll see that the 6 teeth caps are feathered at the bottom. Dental gold runs 10-22K and denture gold is reported to be 86% pure gold (about 20k). So, if you're a CTX 3030 user, now you know where a set of gold caps fall on the FE:CO continuum. When I got home and air tested the gold caps they were consistently 12:02. :laughing7:

View attachment 1575487

A few other noteworthy finds for the day include a small Sterling Greek Orthodox cross (1.46g, 12:27) and a gold colored tube (13/32" x 1/4", 12:25). Have to test the tube.

View attachment 1575488

View attachment 1575489

Happy Hunting

Nice finds and nice meeting you...I didn't get anything else good after talking to you...I sold the titanium band to a guy that asked what I had found...fit him perfect, he liked it and offered me 10 bucks for it...I said "sold"...I got home and looked up the ring on Ebay...it was stainless steel and selling for 1.50 free shipping from China...I got my first grill last year in Ft. Lauderdale...it tested 10k and weighed between 3 and 4 grams, I don't remember exactly...good luck out there and thanks for posting.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great hunt with lots of awesome finds...congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread