May 27, 2010
Florida
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out over the weekend with Lookindown and I'm still in shock. It was just a beautiful day and the crowd was massive. The beachgoers were everywhere. The water was full of people and the beach was even more crowded. We got there early and only about 1 hour into our hunt I got a beautiful middle tone on the CZ21 and after about 3 scoops this beauty made it into my scoop. I actually got it on video but it is way too revealing and too much bad language to put it up but I probably will at some point. To say I was in shock would be an understatement. I have never found a Diamond Solitaire and this one was stunning. The pictures just don't do it justice.

DSC00049.JPG

DSC00050.JPG

DSC00057.JPG

18K gold with a beautiful diamond. It is made by a company that only uses the highest quality diamonds so I got really lucky there too. I searched the area for about an hour looking for the wedding band but no luck. Lookingdown was in the area so I showed him and he confirms that he also believed it was the real deal. After getting home and checking the diamond is absolutely genuine. We both searched the general area and Lookindown finds a ring but it wasn't the mate to mine. I headed down the beach and get another good tone and about 4 scoops down this chunk shows up.

DSC00072.JPG

DSC00073.JPG

7.4 grams of 14K gold. I didn't hunt as much last year as other years but I found only one gold ring and to get two quality rings in only our second hunt of the year is crazy. Of my last 40 or so rings before this only two were gold and to get two back to back I'm just speechless. I am still in shock but I guess persistence pays off. I have been hunting for the better part of 30 years and finally get a huge bucket-lister. I also got a .925 ring that needs to be cleaned up and believe it or not a nice clean 1964 silver quarter that I assume was a recent drop because of very little tarnish and will post both later. Thanks for looking and HH....

Upvote 0

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One heck of a score! Congrats!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guarantee there is one sad female somewhere

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
That 18k is stunning!! You can tell it is High clarity by that bottom pic, Sweet find! I'm almost temped to vote banner, how many do we find like that in a life time!

Second though, Banner vote..

Last edited:

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe....... put your ole man glasses on buddy....... thats 14K lol. Just WOW on the finds Mike.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
asset (7).jpeg

This is my kind of find.
Congrats on the super finds. :thumbsup:

DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, Equinox 800, Stealth 920xi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Awesome job! Beautiful ring! Genuine Heart Stopper!

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WOW and WOW. I've been looking for that one for some time (see my tag line at bottom). I also just snagged my first diamond solitaire - .08 ct (decimal in right place)! Yours is definitely much bigger, shall I say 2 ct? Last time I met Lookindown at the beach he also gave me good luck with a large gold band. CONGRATS!!!!!!

GroundBalanced

Aug 4, 2017
WestCoast-FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BiggMike... awesome find. So i have to ask... water, wet sand, or dry sand? (Using the CZ21 i'm kindof ruling out dry sand but you never know) ....Just wondering. tks for the pix!

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is one stunning ring. Congratulations on a magnificent find. :icon_thumright:

Hawks88

Gold Member
Aug 26, 2012
Niagara falls
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job Mike. I found a silver ring but still looking for one like that one. Congrats!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out over the weekend with Lookindown and I'm still in shock. It was just a beautiful day and the crowd was massive. The beachgoers were everywhere. The water was full of people and the beach was even more crowded. We got there early and only about 1 hour into our hunt I got a beautiful middle tone on the CZ21 and after about 3 scoops this beauty made it into my scoop. I actually got it on video but it is way too revealing and too much bad language to put it up but I probably will at some point. To say I was in shock would be an understatement. I have never found a Diamond Solitaire and this one was stunning. The pictures just don't do it justice.

18K gold with a beautiful diamond. It is made by a company that only uses the highest quality diamonds so I got really lucky there too. I searched the area for about an hour looking for the wedding band but no luck. Lookingdown was in the area so I showed him and he confirms that he also believed it was the real deal. After getting home and checking the diamond is absolutely genuine. We both searched the general area and Lookindown finds a ring but it wasn't the mate to mine. I headed down the beach and get another good tone and about 4 scoops down this chunk shows up.

7.4 grams of 14K gold. I didn't hunt as much last year as other years but I found only one gold ring and to get two quality rings in only our second hunt of the year is crazy. Of my last 40 or so rings before this only two were gold and to get two back to back I'm just speechless. I am still in shock but I guess persistence pays off. I have been hunting for the better part of 30 years and finally get a huge bucket-lister. I also got a .925 ring that needs to be cleaned up and believe it or not a nice clean 1964 silver quarter that I assume was a recent drop because of very little tarnish and will post both later. Thanks for looking and HH....

Please tell me this wasn't the hunt you called and invited me to? LOL....Nice find Mike! :icon_thumleft:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please tell me this wasn't the hunt you called and invited me to? LOL....Nice find Mike! :icon_thumleft:
It was that hunt...he found both rings early in the hunt and we said to each other that we wished you were there.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day for these days on beaches.

Well done.

OP
OP
biggmike

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BiggMike... awesome find. So i have to ask... water, wet sand, or dry sand? (Using the CZ21 i'm kind of ruling out dry sand but you never know) ....Just wondering. tks for the pix!

Everything was found in the water. I do about 99% of my hunting in the water. The rest of my crew is also about 95% water hunters. It's gotta be pretty bad if you see me anywhere else. Thanks

OP
OP
biggmike

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I hate to say it but yes... That was the hunt I called you for. Needless to say, we will be back and you're always invited. We can go try to get that band that I just feel is out there. I'm out of town this weekend and I don't know for sure what Lookindown is doing but I'll call you when we're heading back. Thanks

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the meager silver ring I found... IMG_1163.JPG IMG_1159.JPG IMG_1169.JPG IMG_1160.JPG IMG_1173.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread