First spin with the new EQ600

TexasRT

Aug 15, 2008
Dickinson, TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Finally had a chance to hit the beach for a quick spin yesterday to try out the new toy. I LIKE IT.
I used both beach modes (dry and wet sand) and both like to go deep. I was digging coins WAY deeper than I ever have. I also think I may have found the world's smallest cross pendant it's about 1/4" x 3/16" and super thin it rang up a 12 on the ID, I think it's plated silver. All-in-all it's a great machine, super light, well balanced and very user friendly.

Happy Hunting

Upvote 0

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finally had a chance to hit the beach for a quick spin yesterday to try out the new toy. I LIKE IT.
I used both beach modes (dry and wet sand) and both like to go deep. I was digging coins WAY deeper than I ever have. I also think I may have found the world's smallest cross pendant it's about 1/4" x 3/16" and super thin it rang up a 12 on the ID, I think it's plated silver. All-in-all it's a great machine, super light, well balanced and very user friendly.

Happy Hunting

Yeah I have an 800 and love the machine. One thing to watch out for... bits of foil, wrappers, and small bits of can slaw all come in at 10 or less. But so does small Platinum... my wife's platinum engagement ring showed up at like 4! So be skeptical if you start ignoring the junk below 10!

OP
OP
T

TexasRT

Aug 15, 2008
Dickinson, TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Yeah I have an 800 and love the machine. One thing to watch out for... bits of foil, wrappers, and small bits of can slaw all come in at 10 or less. But so does small Platinum... my wife's platinum engagement ring showed up at like 4! So be skeptical if you start ignoring the junk below 10!

Thanks for the tip.

johnwon2

Jun 21, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark & Equinox-800
Primary Interest:
I've had the same great experience with my Equinox... I love that it is light, but am still getting used to digging small items so deep. Last weekend, we pulled a tiny ring and a small zipper pull from around 10" and tonight an earring from around 8" down. We've also gotten quite a few nickles from around 12" down. I need to get a better pin pointer and bigger scoop now!

OP
OP
T

TexasRT

Aug 15, 2008
Dickinson, TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
I've had the same great experience with my Equinox... I love that it is light, but am still getting used to digging small items so deep. Last weekend, we pulled a tiny ring and a small zipper pull from around 10" and tonight an earring from around 8" down. We've also gotten quite a few nickles from around 12" down. I need to get a better pin pointer and bigger scoop now!

John
You may want to checkout the headphones I posted in another thread, they work real good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions