Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was just talking with a guy I work with about getting a pedal-driven Hobie fishing kayak.

When suddenly, because he knows I metal detect, he says to me, "And you can pull up near the sand bars where people swim and you can metal detect from your kayak."

I looked at him and was like, "Dude, you are a genius!"

All you'd need would be a long-handled scoop and a waterproof detector, both of which I have. Now to go get me a kayak...

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
It works, take it from a Old Goat, but being old I needed something a little easier.

OBN0358.jpg

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I know a guy who turned a kayak/sea-doo impeller/small motor into a monster...I don't have pics but I've always wanted one like his. The foot pedals were on cables that control port/starboard. He took pictures on the way UP stream and then shut everything off and floated/paddled back DOWN stream...I still want one thinking about it...:icon_scratch:

OOps..just the opposite...pics on the way DOWN stream...duh :tongue3:

stewielouie

May 14, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
MXT, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use my jet ski, it takes me where ever I want to go. Put my AtPro and scoop in the left foot well, strap my soft side cooler on the tow hook. Everything else I think I need goes in the front storage, and it off to the races!!

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a spot on the river that I would like to work, but don't think a kayak and my back would get along. I'm more worried about the wake from all the boats turning it over, I guess and trying to get back in and out of it in the water. They have them to rent at the river and I wouldn't have to carry it anywhere, so that's good.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fongu,
1st- always wear a PFD.
2nd- practice getting in and out of the kayak in a safe spot, where you can't touch bottom.
3rd- once 1st & 2nd are done, go hunting.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Access a creek with the kayak (via any bridge, on any public road, right of way). Stay on the water, Or below the high water mark.And your not trespassing. Have a pick-up car down stream at a bridge.At least that's the law, here :)

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have some classes at the river where they rent boats and kayaks, but I have a hard time getting time to attend. Hopefully, I will be able to make one of these classes this summer.

infotraker

Dec 20, 2013
Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I put a minikota trolling battery motor on my sit on top kayak and prospect up the river arms of Folsom lake. Lots of fun easy to get out on the rocks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread