If I wanted a NJ adventure to find pirate treasure...

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lot of wrecks there - best time is after winter storms - I have friends that have large Spanish silver and some gold coins from
NJ beaches as well as nice relics - this isn't the time to look though

OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lot of wrecks there - best time is after winter storms - I have friends that have large Spanish silver and some gold coins from
NJ beaches as well as nice relics - this isn't the time to look though

Thanks Casper. Is there specific areas to look (not looking for your or anybody’s spots), or do you just simply hit the beaches and search? Really interested in finding Spanish silver. It’s on my bucket list BIG TIME right now.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plenty of ship wreck info out there - problem is they do so much replenishment after winter to get ready for memorial day
you need big storms to get down to the good stuff usually - I'm from Ma. - I hit down there last year and got an old gold ring and some silver
maybe try and find a hunt partner - there are a few clubs down there - most guys are just getting ready for fresh drop season - unless
you can find an usual cut - you may not get much old stuff till next winter - good luck

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I would research the Delaware river or bay if I were you, I've had some good luck there on my last 5 visits.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would start with getting one of the books on the Atlantic shipwrecks. We will need a hurricane before much comes out. They resand every year.

OP
OP
B

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s incredible. I will definitely be checking out the Delaware river. Never tried it yet but I live right by it.

And thanks for the advice on the book. I’ll check in to That as well!

ColeBen

May 21, 2018
Philadelphia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Master.
Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would research the Delaware river or bay if I were you, I've had some good luck there on my last 5 visits.

Anywhere is specific on the river? I’m near bucks county, PA
Philadelphia, PA and Walking distance to the jersey side of the DE river as well. Jersey has some wonky laws about detecting though ��

Thanks in advance man!

-Cole Marie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread