New Minelab 1000

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
I had bought a new Minelab 1000 a few weeks ago and finally had a chance to use it in a couple small freshwater lakes in our area and cannot say enough about this detector. My first outing, I found a couple toys, pocket change and a toe ring. Today on my second outing again, I found a toy, pocket change, a key and my first gold ring. I would like to thank Sandman, as he had helped steer me torward the Minelab 1000 and I have no regrets. It's just to bad were at the end of our season here in the North East.

Attachments

• DSCN1803.JPG
    DSCN1803.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 434
  • DSCN1803.JPG
    DSCN1803.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 430
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Rose gold ring you found there. Thanks for the kind words, I needed them today. :)

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Where in Western Mass are you. I used to be stationed at Russell, N Hampton and Monson. I might be able to give you some tips to put that Excal to good use :)

PENNYHUNTER

Aug 19, 2007
Orangvalle
Detector(s) used
explorer se,excal 1000,whites MXT,and a E-trac
great job. In my opinion you got the best water detector on the market. And I think just about everyone on this site owes sandman a BIG THANKS. so thanks for all you're help sandman.....you rock ;D

-Jones-

Aug 11, 2005
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab GO-FIND 60 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
lost at sea said:
I had bought a new Minelab 1000 a few weeks ago and finally had a chance to use it in a couple small freshwater lakes in our area and cannot say enough about this detector. My first outing, I found a couple toys, pocket change and a toe ring. Today on my second outing again, I found a toy, pocket change, a key and my first gold ring. I would like to thank Sandman, as he had helped steer me torward the Minelab 1000 and I have no regrets. It's just to bad were at the end of our season here in the North East.

Hey Lost One,

I second the thought of not being able to say enough of the excal 1000. 8)

I just got back from 5 days on south FL beaches. It was my 1st time out with the Excal 1000 and it worked flawlessly. It's a true water machine but also works well on land. :D

Congrats on that 1st gold ringer. ;D I too found my 1st gold ringer last week. :D

Good luck with the hunt. :o

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Exceptional find fellow Mass resident. I reside on the coast just south of Boston. How did you get Lost at Sea? Sandman does give excellent advice here and is very knowlegable. Pretty ring and thanks for showing.
HH Roy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread