Upvote 0

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I have hunted both. Cozumel has lots of rocky beaches so you have to stick to an all inclusive resort to get sand. My friend was hunting dry sand and was asked to stop. I was in the wet and didn't want to be asked to leave so I moved into the water and was not bothered. Didn't find anything much. Roatan can be good if you are hunting the cruise line "private" beach. I always dig lots and have found a gold or 2 each time. good luck

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cozumel -years ago - all water - no probs - lot of silver and some nice gold
lot of stuff in rocks and dead coral - wear mask and snorkel and drop down and fan in these spots
I think I found stuff others could not scoop - some rings trapped in small pockets - if standing with
no mask and trying to scoop these - you would not get them

luck med_662355227edf550dbc.gif

bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be in Cozumel Tuesday an progreso on carnival cruise I am bringing Excalibur ll an will try a couple early morning hunts I was worried about rocky conditions the scoop would be useless I have never used a snorkel mask before but I will try an find one while Iam there I will let u know how everything goes

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will be in Cozumel Tuesday an progreso on carnival cruise I am bringing Excalibur ll an will try a couple early morning hunts I was worried about rocky conditions the scoop would be useless I have never used a snorkel mask before but I will try an find one while Iam there I will let u know how everything goes
waters are usually crystal clear - = if you cant get used to a snorkel - that's fine - pick up a cheap mask or even swim goggles
your not gonna be in real deep water - (there are plenty of sandy spots that scoop can be used) you get a signal - you just drop down and wave your hand = fanning
not hard - stuff is not deep - most stuff hits the dead coral and then slides around till it gets trapped in a crevice or pocket
you don't even have to wear mask or goggles - put them on your head or around your neck and use as needed
good luck

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casper, that is a great photo line-up !!
I think coins at top is US - Mexican below - jewelry above gold and just to the right and left is silver

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now that's one great hunt! :occasion14:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's one great hunt! :occasion14:
it was like 5 days - hurricane had blown thru there week or 2 before - made a mess of the bottom - my resorts beach= all sand was gone
just hard flat dead reef left - and got almost nothing there fist day - second spot - the same and 3rd got some silver and few coins - finally hit a couple beaches that had some sand and had dead reef with deep pockets in the reef - i'd run my coil over every deep crevice or hole filled with sand and
would get good targets in almost each one - just have to fan the sand out and rings and coins would be at the bottom - some times more
than one good target in some of these potholes - once I learned this is where it was at - it was easy - you need mask or goggles though
almost no scooping - id just drop my scoop in an area away from swimmers or in deep water until I needed it - heading to Bahamas this weekend
hope I will have something to show from there - last time I was there I hit a spot with real deep encrusted coins that others left behind
and got some gold and silver from there too - stuff was down close to 2 ft range in all metal - I was killing it and wish I could have stayed
but GF kept yelling at me to get out - so hoping I can find that spot again it was devoid of new stuff - but heard they did some beach work
hope they did not bury the spot completely

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread