Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: FISHER AQUAMANTA

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    6546 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    The guy who bought the lead makes and sells fishing weights. Many were good enough to use as-is. The rest would get melted and recast into sinkers. I got $90 for the lot. Good deal for him, and I didn't have to try and sell a few ounces at a time to fishermen. Melting it down and making ingots didn't sound like it would be worthwhile to me. Looks like a lot of hot dangerous work with little extra benefit.
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

us
    UABFWSS

Feb 2010
    Indiana/Michigan border
    ~Minelab Equinox 800's~ Predator Tools , Fiskars, Xtreme scoop
    273 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Pulled the trigger on a Beachhunter TDI today... so, the way my luck goes, this AQ thing should come out like next week, lol

Apr 2013
    Garrett AT PRO, Garrett AT GOLD, Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Sandshark, Garrett Carrot
    101 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rc2125 View Post
    Pulled the trigger on a Beachhunter TDI today... so, the way my luck goes, this AQ thing should come out like next week, lol
    Thanks man, we were all waiting for someone with your luck to pull the trigger on it. I almost volunteered as tribute .
    rc2125 likes this.

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Mid-Atlantic Waters
    Excalibur
    5112 times
    Gold rings..29..Misc/gold 4...Silver/Sterling 97..FTY
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by rc2125 View Post
    Let us know how you like it. I have heard some very good stories, might not have been a bad idea.
    rc2125 likes this.

Effort is Important, But knowing where, can make all the difference!

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    14149 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by cudamark View Post
    The guy who bought the lead makes and sells fishing weights. Many were good enough to use as-is. The rest would get melted and recast into sinkers. I got $90 for the lot. Good deal for him, and I didn't have to try and sell a few ounces at a time to fishermen. Melting it down and making ingots didn't sound like it would be worthwhile to me. Looks like a lot of hot dangerous work with little extra benefit.
    I probably have like 400 lbs now since 2000 - before that when i was a kid in the 70s - would save all the lead copper and brass and bring to junk yard to scrrap
    would get like $60-$70 bucks a year - helped pay for batteries and eventually gas
    then later late teens early 20s my father had musket ball molds and would melt all lead down and skim it to clean it up and use some and sell some - blackpowder is popular
    in new england - then we bought slat water sinker molds and melted it down and made new ones - used some and sold a bunch
    you can make a lot more re-purposing than for scrap - specially it you "clean" it - clean lead is worth more- my father has
    ingot molds and clean ingots are worth more - sportsman clubs will buy it usually. I have dive weight molds now too and have made my own weights
    from lead found - it does not take long to melt - does not take long to pour and does not take long to cool - if you do it the right time of the year
    molds dont cost much - smelters usually dont either - my father has an old one that works great - figure i will sit on what i got now
    until i retire and then melt it all - its extra money towards the hobby
    i have buckets of brass and copper i have done nothing with too - cant even guess what i got in that
    OBN likes this.
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links