he can take an alliance 18k of 1/3 gr under iron nails
and above all he is able to cross the volcanic sand to take the gold

a video that dates a little / but shows the possibility of the machine
which has evolved a lot since

in French :-*

it will be followed by a special Terramanta nugget

then / two others using Bipolar technology
which consists of alternating positive and negative pulses

easy to say on paper / but nobody had ever succeeded before Alexandre ...
the positive pulse magnetizes the ground and lightning the target
the negative pulse demagnetizes the ground = and removes the effect of ground !!!

and much more is planned later

I test the latest Aquamanta Fisher electronic map
and I've never had anything so deep and sensitive about gold

not : the box on the video and the photos
just there / to test the cards
the final product will have a modern / lightweight design and well balance...

pre-series launch / if all goes well /
in the next three months

better than all my pulsepowers
and I owned 9 ....

some finds on my last tides

1000     4.2 GR.JPG

Attachments

• 1001.JPG
    1001.JPG
    276.6 KB · Views: 570
  • 1003.JPG
    1003.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 550
  • 1002.JPG
    1002.JPG
    280.1 KB · Views: 536
Upvote 0
OP
OP
LE.JAG

LE.JAG

Oct 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
FISHER AQUAMANTA / Pulsepower Goldscan 5c - goldquest ssv3 / Vista Gold / Nexus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard there was a compare of the new Fisher aqua manta PI against a Aquastar II and I heard the results but wonder if anyone else has?

a bit of history about the genesis of Manta
I met Alexandre more than 10 years ago
by a detection forum
I already was using pulsepowers / rare at the time in France

in 2012 we managed to buy an Aquastar
one of the last product
in 2013 Alexander produced three manta V3
with Aquastar as reference base

Aquastar      .jpg

Manta v3.jpg

we were already better / more sensitive and less noise
then there was the goldscan 5c / TDI reference

continuing his research Alexander found new thing
and markedly improved circuits

then was born ,, the aquamanta 2016 celuis of the video
a mixture of all his knowledge

since he has further improved the circuit
even smoother
the sound of iron in reject mode is even more marked

the separation of the voice of iron and the voice of gold is huge
which makes it possible to detect an 18k or 22k ring or lower carat
among several iron nails

of course there are limits
for example, we can not take the 24k
in reject mode / it sounds like iron
Conductivity signature too close to iron ...

in counterpart: in all metals
you will not have anything more sensitive on the 24k / thanks to the 7us

our reference ring is a fiancaille ring
18K white gold palladium alloy / very hard to detect
in 5 years of research we have gained almost 20 cm on this ring
which is huge at the beach

as I said on other forums
Of course, you will gain depth on the big rings
(Fisher's future joke being:
you will have to learn to give up targets)

but most of all: you are going to detect very fine rings
at less than 40 cm, that other machines simply do not see

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perfect Manta seawater beach....black sand, big beach parties where lots of folks built bonfires out of old pallets and the nails are everywhere - it would be essentially undetected by others - what with the nails and the black sand shutting them down.

Please forward GPS coordinates or Google Maps references! Lol..

Seriously, it looks the early users if this machine are going to be “walking on a new planet” when it comes to gold at the seaside.

erte

Mar 19, 2017
Croatia
Detector(s) used
gpx 4800, tdi pro, sov gt/xs, sand shark 10.5'', vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a granddaddy detector but anyways i didn't know 24k and iron have such a close conductivity to not be able to separate, maybe the only way is if in the detector there is a physical piece of iron and little piece of 24k gold nugget, then the signal picked up from the 24k in ground needs to travel to the interior of the detector to get verified in the interior gold tube amp filter chamber of being either a 24k gold frequency or false iron one and then to allow the result of the detector producing a beep on 24k as the detector passes its own gold verification test... who knows?

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Erte, it’s about how PI detectors work. The decay of the signal from targets, measured in microseconds is what matters. High purity gold - large bits - and iron are similar. Lots of stuff on the web about this - look it up, study it, if you still have questions, come back.

OP
OP
LE.JAG

LE.JAG

Oct 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like a granddaddy detector but anyways i didn't know 24k and iron have such a close conductivity to not be able to separate, maybe the only way is if in the detector there is a physical piece of iron and little piece of 24k gold nugget, then the signal picked up from the 24k in ground needs to travel to the interior of the detector to get verified in the interior gold tube amp filter chamber of being either a 24k gold frequency or false iron one and then to allow the result of the detector producing a beep on 24k as the detector passes its own gold verification test... who knows?

we talk about conductivity signal to make simple
(all prospectors are not necessarily engineers)

but if you prefer, microsecond playback time on the implussion delay
on this reading window
the 24k is very close to the iron
too close to make a difference in analog mode

- a later digital version with a large computing power will allow
'' 'can be' '' to make a difference

in the presence of alloy 23 k and lower
even with palladium / no problem

no problem either, with platinum
same pt999 / whose conductivity signature is different from gold

for the look, again
the plastic box is just there to test the cards

the final product, will have a modern design
very thin and lightweight for a waterproof detector /// with a world first on a waterproof detector ////

finer and more design than the tdi pro
for example, I see you have a
who him, with his big tin box
really gives a grandfather's style:angel9:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess my question is, do you really need to go deeper than 12"-15" to get 95-percent of beach gold? If you can spend $650-$900 to get to 95% of the gold WHILE discriminating with Multi-freq, why would you spend $2,000.00+ on another PI?:skullflag:

TerryinHawaii

Nov 9, 2008
I guess my question is, do you really need to go deeper than 12"-15" to get 95-percent of beach gold? If you can spend $650-$900 to get to 95% of the gold WHILE discriminating with Multi-freq, why would you spend $2,000.00+ on another PI?:skullflag:
I for one loved digging up the real deep old gold and platinum rings with my Aquastar. Because I know many people have walked over these rings but they did not have a metal detector that could detect these rings. And yes, I really like my Equinox 800 but I still want the Manta.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I for one loved digging up the real deep old gold and platinum rings with my Aquastar. Because I know many people have walked over these rings but they did not have a metal detector that could detect these rings. And yes, I really like my Equinox 800 but I still want the Manta.

Welcome to the Forum from White Plains, New York!:skullflag:

OP
OP
LE.JAG

LE.JAG

Oct 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

the price is not fixed yet
will depend on the strategy of Fisher First Texas

as I said before, here and elsewhere
you do not necessarily go digging deeper

imagine a 18k ring of 15gr
in limit of acquisition of your detectors
at the same depth you will detect a ring of 1 to 5 gr
so you are not deeper = but you pick up more gold .......

it's the greatest strength of Fisher Aquamanta
detect what others do not see / thanks to the 7us under 16 volts

of course, if you like big rings
you can go further / but it is not an obligation

and to be ironed, often, behind multifrequency
you do not pick up 95% of the gold
there are still more than we can believe

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, you are assuming a $2000 price for the Manta. No pricing has been announced for the Fisher PI. I am just guessing, But I suspect it will be priced like the current Fisher beach machine, the CZ21. Just a guess of course, but Fisher has never had silly prices like some folks.

adamBomb

May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Why assume current detectors are always going that deep? That is the advantage of PI - it will go that deep in heavy mineralized areas, deep water, etc. Additionally, where did you get your info that this machine is going to be $2000+?

OnTheBeach

Tenderfoot
May 30, 2018
Detector(s) used
Surfmaster PI Dual Field
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
We already have the $800 or so White's Dual Field that can punch down 16" to see a large gold ring. The improvements needed in the PI arena are iron discrimination and the ability to find much smaller gold at say 12 to 16 inches.

18" might be the practical depth limit as I'm not sure that there is a big enough market of buyers both willing and strong enough to repeatedly dig that deep in wet sand. However, a machine with extra depth can make up for poor swing technique as we get tired during the hunt for example as the coil gets swung a little higher off the ground.

As for pricing, $600 to $800 or so waterproof machines already do very well on the beach so anything priced higher than that will have to be demonstrably better than the existing offerings to have large appeal.

The thing is that we don't really know how much gold is 16" to 24" down on beaches and in the water. It could be that 95% of the gold is there and we are only finding the 5% that is less than 16" deep. I have dug really deep targets with a PI machine but don't recall any gold finds being very deep. That doesn't mean that gold isn't deep. It just means that my coil hasn't seen it.

Last edited:

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi OTB! Interesting points. I see you have a PIDF and a Nox 600. Here’s my take - based on what has been revealed in the videos and LE JAG’s posts.

Manta vs. Multifrequency VLF IB detector (CZ, CTX, Xcal, Nox) - deeper, sees through black sand, sees through masking iron, less likely to false on iron, much more sensitive to small, low carat, and white gold when operating in salt water.

Manta vs. other PI beach detectors - deeper (this is important not just for big rings, the depth for all targets is more - thin ladies rings, earrings, chains), Much more sensitive to smaller/low carat/white gold, iron ID (this, of course is a huge advantage), interchangeable coils.

Price? Anybody’s guess - Mine is no better than anyone else’s, but I expect around $1200 MSRP.

Nobody will be able to buy one before it is announced. I expect that Fisher will ensure that there’s lots of video and narrative available at that time to enable folks to decide if it is a good fit for them. Once a year vacationers happy to find sunglasses, lighters, clad and the occasional piece of jewelry will find something like a Nox useful away from the beach and therefore probably a better fit.

Hard-core treasure hunters will likely recognize that this machine literally “breaks new ground” when it comes to gold in salt water environments. I found a gold ring a couple of weeks ago in SC. It weighs about 40 grams of 14k. That will just about pay for my Manta (when they are available) if my calculations are correct.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 40 gram gold ring? I'd like to see a photo of that monster! :icon_thumleft:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We already have the $800 or so White's Dual Field that can punch down 16" to see a large gold ring. The improvements needed in the PI arena are iron discrimination and the ability to find much smaller gold at say 12 to 16 inches.

18" might be the practical depth limit as I'm not sure that there is a big enough market of buyers both willing and strong enough to repeatedly dig that deep in wet sand. However, a machine with extra depth can make up for poor swing technique as we get tired during the hunt for example as the coil gets swung a little higher off the ground.

As for pricing, $600 to $800 or so waterproof machines already do very well on the beach so anything priced higher than that will have to be demonstrably better than the existing offerings to have large appeal.

The thing is that we don't really know how much gold is 16" to 24" down on beaches and in the water. It could be that 95% of the gold is there and we are only finding the 5% that is less than 16" deep. I have dug really deep targets with a PI machine but don't recall any gold finds being very deep. That doesn't mean that gold isn't deep. It just means that my coil hasn't seen it.

Wow, your first post! Welcome to the forum from White Plains, NY! :skullflag:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, you are assuming a $2000 price for the Manta. No pricing has been announced for the Fisher PI. I am just guessing, But I suspect it will be priced like the current Fisher beach machine, the CZ21. Just a guess of course, but Fisher has never had silly prices like some folks.

$1,799.00 will be the MSRP. :skullflag:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why assume current detectors are always going that deep? That is the advantage of PI - it will go that deep in heavy mineralized areas, deep water, etc. Additionally, where did you get your info that this machine is going to be $2000+?

Not 'assuming" Adam, typing from personal experience and knowledge. Are you assuming I don't know how PI machines work? I've been using them for many years in the goldfields out west, and the beaches here in the east. You can take a Minelab GPZ 7000 to the beach right now and beat the pants off whatever this new machine promises right now. Most beach/water hunters, again 95%, never make it past waist deep in saltwater, and don't want to dig 27" for a Hot Wheels Camaro. God bless Fisher, but until a PI can REALLY discriminate - Yawn.:skullflag:

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, you posted....”You can take a Minelab GPZ 7000 to the beach right now and beat the pants off whatever this new machine promises right now.”

LE JAG has posted on another forum that they tested the 2017 Manta prototype on the beach side-by-side with a GPZ7000. The Manta was superior. Here’s the quote - plus a picture of LE JAG using the GPZ7000 (with the Manta prototype on his chest).

On the price, I should have said MAP, not MSRP. Nobody pays MSRP. The MAP on the CZ21 is $1299 - my guess for the new PI is $1099. We’ll see.

LE JAG wrote....

“comparison test / which dates from 2017
we were already better on the beach than the GP ....(he is talking about the GPZ)

but, we must recognize that the GPZ
was not designed for the beach / unlike the manta ...”

1F4CE222-42C8-42B1-AC80-69F3F02F819F.jpeg

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
On the deep gold I can't remember how many times, other then a lot, I have dug for deep faint signals/targets, most turn out to be old US silver coins. BUT while checking the dug sand around the hole, after retrieving the faint target, I find gold on the rim of the hole. So I need depth on Any gold or target for that matter..not to worried about discrimination for I am sure that may affect the depth. Hunting deep in the water there is no need for discrimination for you let the shallow targets go and dig faints only. No fresh drops here..

And I have a DF, just to noisy for me to distinguish the super faints deep targets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread