Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: FISHER AQUAMANTA

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2007
    Gold Canyon AZ
    ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
    489 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Terry, you are assuming a $2000 price for the Manta. No pricing has been announced for the Fisher PI. I am just guessing, But I suspect it will be priced like the current Fisher beach machine, the CZ21. Just a guess of course, but Fisher has never had silly prices like some folks.
    Terry Soloman likes this.

us
    May 2014
    Wilmington NC
    Nox 600; CTX; Fisher CZ21; Minelab Excalibur II; White's Surf PI DF; 920i Stealth Scoop
    512 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Soloman View Post
    I guess my question is, do you really need to go deeper than 12"-15" to get 95-percent of beach gold? If you can spend $650-$900 to get to 95% of the gold WHILE discriminating with Multi-freq, why would you spend $2,000.00+ on another PI?
    Why assume current detectors are always going that deep? That is the advantage of PI - it will go that deep in heavy mineralized areas, deep water, etc. Additionally, where did you get your info that this machine is going to be $2000+?
    Terry Soloman likes this.

May 2018
    Surfmaster PI Dual Field Equinox 600
    6 times
    We already have the $800 or so White's Dual Field that can punch down 16" to see a large gold ring. The improvements needed in the PI arena are iron discrimination and the ability to find much smaller gold at say 12 to 16 inches.

18" might be the practical depth limit as I'm not sure that there is a big enough market of buyers both willing and strong enough to repeatedly dig that deep in wet sand. However, a machine with extra depth can make up for poor swing technique as we get tired during the hunt for example as the coil gets swung a little higher off the ground.

As for pricing, $600 to $800 or so waterproof machines already do very well on the beach so anything priced higher than that will have to be demonstrably better than the existing offerings to have large appeal.

The thing is that we don't really know how much gold is 16" to 24" down on beaches and in the water. It could be that 95% of the gold is there and we are only finding the 5% that is less than 16" deep. I have dug really deep targets with a PI machine but don't recall any gold finds being very deep. That doesn't mean that gold isn't deep. It just means that my coil hasn't seen it.
    Last edited by OnTheBeach; May 30, 2018 at 09:53 AM.

us
    Jan 2007
    Gold Canyon AZ
    489 times
    Hi OTB! Interesting points. I see you have a PIDF and a Nox 600. Here’s my take - based on what has been revealed in the videos and LE JAG’s posts.

Manta vs. Multifrequency VLF IB detector (CZ, CTX, Xcal, Nox) - deeper, sees through black sand, sees through masking iron, less likely to false on iron, much more sensitive to small, low carat, and white gold when operating in salt water.

Manta vs. other PI beach detectors - deeper (this is important not just for big rings, the depth for all targets is more - thin ladies rings, earrings, chains), Much more sensitive to smaller/low carat/white gold, iron ID (this, of course is a huge advantage), interchangeable coils.

Price? Anybody’s guess - Mine is no better than anyone else’s, but I expect around $1200 MSRP.

Nobody will be able to buy one before it is announced. I expect that Fisher will ensure that there’s lots of video and narrative available at that time to enable folks to decide if it is a good fit for them. Once a year vacationers happy to find sunglasses, lighters, clad and the occasional piece of jewelry will find something like a Nox useful away from the beach and therefore probably a better fit.

Hard-core treasure hunters will likely recognize that this machine literally “breaks new ground” when it comes to gold in salt water environments. I found a gold ring a couple of weeks ago in SC. It weighs about 40 grams of 14k. That will just about pay for my Manta (when they are available) if my calculations are correct.
    Last edited by Rick K; May 30, 2018 at 12:41 PM.

us
    Mar 2011
    San Diego
    Equinox 800, Treasure Probe IV, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's GM3 V-sat. White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, 5X10 Joey, Steath 920ix and 720i, TRX, etc....
    5852 times
    Honorable Mentions (3)
    A 40 gram gold ring? I'd like to see a photo of that monster!
    "jus cuz it's wrote down, don't make it so"

Charter Member
    us
    TerryrSoloman.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    20266 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheBeach View Post
    We already have the $800 or so White's Dual Field that can punch down 16" to see a large gold ring. The improvements needed in the PI arena are iron discrimination and the ability to find much smaller gold at say 12 to 16 inches.

18" might be the practical depth limit as I'm not sure that there is a big enough market of buyers both willing and strong enough to repeatedly dig that deep in wet sand. However, a machine with extra depth can make up for poor swing technique as we get tired during the hunt for example as the coil gets swung a little higher off the ground.

As for pricing, $600 to $800 or so waterproof machines already do very well on the beach so anything priced higher than that will have to be demonstrably better than the existing offerings to have large appeal.

The thing is that we don't really know how much gold is 16" to 24" down on beaches and in the water. It could be that 95% of the gold is there and we are only finding the 5% that is less than 16" deep. I have dug really deep targets with a PI machine but don't recall any gold finds being very deep. That doesn't mean that gold isn't deep. It just means that my coil hasn't seen it.
    Wow, your first post! Welcome to the forum from White Plains, NY!

Charter Member
    us
    TerryrSoloman.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    20266 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick K View Post
    Terry, you are assuming a $2000 price for the Manta. No pricing has been announced for the Fisher PI. I am just guessing, But I suspect it will be priced like the current Fisher beach machine, the CZ21. Just a guess of course, but Fisher has never had silly prices like some folks.
    $1,799.00 will be the MSRP.

Charter Member
    us
    TerryrSoloman.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    20266 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by adamBomb View Post
    Why assume current detectors are always going that deep? That is the advantage of PI - it will go that deep in heavy mineralized areas, deep water, etc. Additionally, where did you get your info that this machine is going to be $2000+?
    Not 'assuming" Adam, typing from personal experience and knowledge. Are you assuming I don't know how PI machines work? I've been using them for many years in the goldfields out west, and the beaches here in the east. You can take a Minelab GPZ 7000 to the beach right now and beat the pants off whatever this new machine promises right now. Most beach/water hunters, again 95%, never make it past waist deep in saltwater, and don't want to dig 27" for a Hot Wheels Camaro. God bless Fisher, but until a PI can REALLY discriminate - Yawn.

us
    Jan 2007
    Gold Canyon AZ
    489 times
    Terry, you posted....”You can take a Minelab GPZ 7000 to the beach right now and beat the pants off whatever this new machine promises right now.”

LE JAG has posted on another forum that they tested the 2017 Manta prototype on the beach side-by-side with a GPZ7000. The Manta was superior. Here’s the quote - plus a picture of LE JAG using the GPZ7000 (with the Manta prototype on his chest).

On the price, I should have said MAP, not MSRP. Nobody pays MSRP. The MAP on the CZ21 is $1299 - my guess for the new PI is $1099. We’ll see.

LE JAG wrote....

comparison test / which dates from 2017
    we were already better on the beach than the GP ....(he is talking about the GPZ)

but, we must recognize that the GPZ
    was not designed for the beach / unlike the manta ...”

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1F4CE222-42C8-42B1-AC80-69F3F02F819F.jpeg 
Views:	207 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	1596354

Last edited by Rick K; May 30, 2018 at 05:20 PM.
    adamBomb likes this.

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Mid-Atlantic Waters
    Excalibur
    4864 times
    107 Gold rings, 237 Silver FTY
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    On the deep gold I can't remember how many times, other then a lot, I have dug for deep faint signals/targets, most turn out to be old US silver coins. BUT while checking the dug sand around the hole, after retrieving the faint target, I find gold on the rim of the hole. So I need depth on Any gold or target for that matter..not to worried about discrimination for I am sure that may affect the depth. Hunting deep in the water there is no need for discrimination for you let the shallow targets go and dig faints only. No fresh drops here..

And I have a DF, just to noisy for me to distinguish the super faints deep targets.
    Terry Soloman and CASPER-2 like this.

Effort is Important, But knowing where, can make all the difference!

us
    Jan 2007
    Gold Canyon AZ
    489 times
    OBN - if I understand LE JAG’S “franglais” correctly (sorry about that mon ami) - you will love the Fisher PI (née Manta) (yes I am trying to show off my 10 words of French).

The fruit of Alexandre’s 15000 hours over 10 years is apparently the most powerful (and this is the important part) lowest noise PI beach detector of all time. Hopefully LE JAG will comment and correct me if I am wrong, but the analogue audio should give beautiful “weak” round sounds on deep jewelry. Just what you were talking about - but DEEPER.
    OBN, Terry Soloman and fdutra like this.

Charter Member
    us
    TerryrSoloman.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    20266 times
    Metal Detecting
    I like debating with my fellow forum members!
    Rick K likes this.

us
    Jan 2007
    Gold Canyon AZ
    489 times
    Terry - I agree - that’s how we learn - at least, learn what what we all think. At this point with the Manta we have only what the videos, LE JAG’s posts and a post or two from Carl Moreland.

i was a keen early fan of the TDI - I had one of the very first “thru hole” more or less hand built ones - then much later a nice one with Reg Sniff’s mods - now happy in CA with Paul Palomo.

A pity that Whites was turned into an ATM machine instead of pursuing further things like the TDI.

The love the neat story of how Carl spotted Alexandre’s Manta Project onmthe Geotec forum and challenged Alexandre to support his claims - which ultimately led to Tom Walsh opening his vault and doing the ‘aquihire” to get the Manta’s Tech and Alexandre as an engineer.

How it will all end up is anybody’s guess at this point, but I have full faith that LE JAG’s reports are frank and accurate.

Personally, I have some hope that We will see a Fisher PI soon - how soon.....we’ll....
    Terry Soloman and lookindown like this.

fr
    Oct 2013
    FISHER AQUAMANTA / Pulsepower Goldscan 5c - goldquest ssv3 / Vista Gold / Nexus
    78 times
    if we were to compare the GPZ to Fisher Aquamanta
    the GPZ you hear the ground
    this background noise / characteristic of minelab

it is necessary for the nugget on gold ground
    but becomes a handicap on the beach = it makes noise

Fisher on, you will have possibilty to hear the ground at all metals
    all metals + multiton
    can be useful on sand very mineralize and hard to detect

in reject mode + mutiton = you will have the sound of the ground
    in reject + cut mode = you will have less noise

but in 90% of cases / all metals will suffice
    and there, more ground noise / perfect silence
    fine adjust even 7us we get a zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

you will understand that in this mode
    it's easier to hear the slightest variation

the DF is not really a competitor
    it's a low voltage 12 volts to more than 10us
    a waterproof 14 volt TDI would have been a better opponent ...

personally, I'm almost always in all metals
    I recognize the iron in the ear, which is enough for me

iron rejection becomes useful in special cases
    an area full of nails
    for the beginner who does not want to dig for nothing
    or if you have just an hour in front of you / less time lost

but it will be a major asset / on the volcanic sand

but this ability to detect a ring of less than 5gr in a nail handle
    is a novelty never seen on any machine

the Fisher Aquamanta is not perfect
    nothing is ever perfect
    but in many cases
    he will detect gold that others can not hear
    ----------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------
    FISHER AQUAMANTA / Pulsepower Goldscan 5c - goldquest ssv3 / Vista Gold / Nexus

(forgive my bad english....)

us
    May 2014
    Wilmington NC
    Nox 600; CTX; Fisher CZ21; Minelab Excalibur II; White's Surf PI DF; 920i Stealth Scoop
    512 times
    My price guess is sub <$1000 assuming fisher wants to sell the thing. If it can truly disc iron and is as deep or deeper than a TDI it would be my go to beach hunter 100% of the time. I don't need more disc than iron vs non iron. I don't see how a non-pi could compete except for the trashiest areas where you are looking for something specific other than gold.

As far as the GPZ, I wouldn't personally take a non waterproof machine to the beach let alone one as expensive as that thing is.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links