95% sure

Aussie

Nov 2, 2009
I’m 95% sure I’m going to go ahead and order a minelab Excalibur in the next day or two.
I’ve had a sov gt for some years now and love it but want to get IN the water, I’ve been told the Excalibur is the underwater version of the sovereign.
Headphones are hardwired as is the coil I see.
I guess I’m just asking for advice and seeing if anyone tells me I’m making a mistake.
Thanks for any input, both good or bad.
[emoji106]🏻

Upvote 0

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really cant go wrong with an Xcal. There are advanges besides price on the Nox......weight and warranty... TDI screen.... the ability to adjust the tones.... notch disc.... recovery speed and i could go on. BUT...... at the end of the day.... its all about whats in the pouch and the Xcal is what most people always do a comparison to...... why? because its a proven machine. I have 2 Xcal....sold a couple.... a CTX and a Nox that i have nearly 400 hours on. There is NO machine that hates iron more than an Xcal...... and like Joe said it can be modified to be used full time in PP mode. I believe the Nox is a little better in the WET sand........ but in the water in PP mode you just cant beat the Xcal.

OP
OP
A

Aussie

Nov 2, 2009
Thanks for the info, glad to have it as I ordered one about two hours ago. Lol
Appreciate all the feedback people. [emoji106]🏻[emoji106]🏻

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headphones at kellyco and others are pre-order not in stock

There are non-Minelab ones available right now. I have had one made by Tony Eisenhower for over a month now. Works great!

OP
OP
A

Aussie

Nov 2, 2009
Taking half day off work so I can be there when fedex arrives. Pretty excited! Lol

SurgTech57

Mar 15, 2014
South Bend
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800, and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey cudamark,
How have Tony's headphones been in the water? Is the volume on them? I ordered a pair should be here later today.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have two modified Excals, a CTX and an Equinox. It depends on where I hunt which detector I use. On Land hunting for relics, I use the CTX or EQX...mostly the CTX thus far. On wet and dry sand or in the surf up to my knees, I use the CTX or EQX...the EQX most of all lately. If I intend to submerge the detector totally, I grab one of my Excals. Why? The Excal is the most reliably waterproof of the three.

If you're looking at waist or chest level detecting in the surf or diving, the Excal is the way to go...it's a proven winner there...in my opinion. It's also been good to me on wet and dry sand in the past but I simply prefer the CTX or EQX in those areas....just the personal view from my foxhole.

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i never hear the fisher 1280x do they still make it ? how does it stand up to the minelabs ?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey cudamark,
How have Tony's headphones been in the water? Is the volume on them? I ordered a pair should be here later today.

I don't dive with them, but, they're working great in the surf. They don't have their own volume control.....that's adjusted through the Nox. Decent sound quality for waterproof speakers. They're plenty loud for me and my 800. Welcome to the Empire there Stormtrooper!:laughing7:

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ITS summertime i like being in da water keeps you cool great machine

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my Excal. You are not making a mistake.

ltd063

Sep 28, 2016
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & Excal II, Tesoro SandShark, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 excal, a ctx and the equinox. To be honest it’s hard to decide which one to take. In the water I love my excal. Still waiting for waterproof headphones for the equinox but I have had some great finds with the equinox. It’s a great machine.

Slider - Fort Bedford Metal Detectors has the Equinox waterproof headphones in stock (as of yesterday afternoon). I have a pair and they work really well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions