Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stuff gets lost there every day - real nice stuff - most people that go there got some serious money
no real hard land spots to hit - just soft - in water can be really good - right place at right time
got friends that hit there a few times a year and its never disappointed them
untitledCC.png

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been once. A pot pipe, knife and a little clad. Got the burn of my life on my legs detecting the beach. The white sand reflects a lot of light. Wasn't a water hunter back then.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I've had pretty bad hunts there but I do know many who do well there. Red tide is prevalent now so it might cause you some respiratory issues. Hopefully it is subsiding. good luck.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never know there. I have never had much luck there. The sand is nice and cool! Like flour. Not many hard places, soft mostly. Plan on getting in the water for the best finds. And like Debby said watch the Red tide. That stuff raises all hell with my respiratory system. I can't detect if the samples are showing "minor detected" Good luck and have fun.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red tide there right now...if there is any way you can change your plans, do it...no red tide from Anna Maria Island to the north.

islamoradamark

Silver Member
Aug 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tourists are to scared to leave there jewelry in the room , they would rather go to the beach and throw in the water good luck

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just spent two weeks there and 90% indoors due to red tide. Lot of dead fish in the water and on the beach. Try the public beach area, use the free shuttle to get around. Ophelia’s on the Bay for nice dinner.

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
I live in Sarasota 29 years . I use to hunt Siesta Key beach all the time ,, It Gets Hammered by a lot of Hunters .. Luck of the draw there IMO.. I quit hunting there years ago,, IT just Quit producing for me

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
I went Last night to Siesta Key Well , Nothing has Changed in five years ,, Still a Non producer.

OP
OP
L

Lbcwanabe

Jun 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The crowds were heavy and only allowed for a small window each day. I found some clad and 1 junk ring. I did notice a good number of other detectorists

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
ear  ring.jpg I was one of them ,,,,,First Siesta key Spin In 5 years ,, I got a cool earing ticket and some Clad and a sore Back HAHAHA:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread