depth

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
got a question ....dry beach never underwater vs tide wet beach .....has anyone even averaged out there finds depth wise and compared ????? am interested for 2 reasons the action of the water on the target driving it under the sand over time and how salt water affects the range of the machine ....remember the dates of the coins gives some idea how long it might of been on the beach .... i never looked for coins or rings before and these answers could help ....

Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dry beach is - on average - recent drop territory. Wet sand and water can range from yesterday, to 300-years ago. That in a nutshell is it. Only hunt wet sand and saltwater with your SandShark. In the dry sand use a machine that discriminates out iron and weighs a lot less - like a Cibola, or Silver uMax:skullflag:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
true, used my recently bought sand shark on the beach in mass, dug up a lot of iron
but, I trust it to find anything

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dry beach is - on average - recent drop territory. Wet sand and water can range from yesterday, to 300-years ago. That in a nutshell is it. Only hunt wet sand and saltwater with your SandShark. In the dry sand use a machine that discriminates out iron and weighs a lot less - like a Cibola, or Silver uMax:skullflag:

Or just get a CTX or Equinox and hunt wherever you want with discrimination! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
u sure of that cudamark ...because what i seen on my side of the world and what that #1 east coast nox man said he still believes in a sand shark in salt water sand over his nox ....i dont know the west coast i know the east coast ....but u sure a nox even works in night mare heavy sands and magnet sand ???

LE.JAG

Oct 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
FISHER AQUAMANTA / Pulsepower Goldscan 5c - goldquest ssv3 / Vista Gold / Nexus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
u sure of that cudamark ...because what i seen on my side of the world and what that #1 east coast nox man said he still believes in a sand shark in salt water sand over his nox ....i dont know the west coast i know the east coast ....but u sure a nox even works in night mare heavy sands and magnet sand ???

or wait for the next Fisher
no black sand can resist him ..

he found me pieces over 2000 years old
but I am in Europe

here an arrowhead / bronze age
about 3000 years
the black sands hides a lot more than one can imagine
it takes two things to go see
-a good PI
-the motivation to dig deep ...

Bronze final   .jpg

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm sure you could find a nightmare scenario somewhere in the world that the sandshark would work better than the CTX or Nox, but, for most places, they're the best all around choices I've seen and used. I've run my Nox 800 in our black sand (iron rich) and it works better than a CTX and Etrac. Most of our beaches have too many iron targets to use a PI machine effectively. You just spend too much time digging junk. Don't get me wrong, a sand shark works great, especially for the price, but, the Nox for about the same price gives you so many more options and is a much better land machine. Lighter too!

OP
OP
XLV

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
thank u cudamark for pointing out nox worked better then the ctx and etrac .....another thing 99% of the time i hunt for big steel targets and not in garbage waters ....so i think PI tech wins ...may be ill move up to...... whale shark ...china made detector aka clone ....seems to beat minelab garbage detectors ....yes,,,, minelabs #1 for trash sites ,,,,,

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You look for big steel targets? :icon_scratch: Just what do you find that has any value?

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill go back to your question and get away from the machines. Its almost impossible to say targets are hitting at said depth near the water ..... tide changes, bad PPing..... targets with surfaces and those without.... waves actions .... long shore drifts.... sea weed.... black sand concentration...... hard pan...weight, even the type of sand everything makes a difference and thats constantly changing all over the sand. You can be getting well PPed targets at 10"..... and it suddenly changes to 6 or less. To go along with that ..... what kind of targets are you attempting to measure...... coins, gold, trash vs treasure? If you are talking gold...... theres another problem, not many people find more than one or two pieces...... and thats occasionally not daily. So what you get in or near the water is a SWAG.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread