NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but I did not get skunked - I got silver
winds were high - surf was high and rain coming sideways - but I had plans to hunt
so hunt I did - first spot has been hammered by others lately - second got told to move cause just after I got there
no one was supposed to be in deeper waters but one clown did and got taken out - 3 lifeguards had to go out and get him
and one of the lifeguards got in trouble - so off to third spot - tiny but old spot - ive gotten old silver and gold from there in past
it rough digging so many only go for fresh drops - I go for the deeper stuff - there is like a foot of mucky sand and then its
like a cobble stone road - has taken its toll on my scoop last few yrs but the good stuff is in those rocks which you have
to be prepared to dig like 1 1/2ft - rough on the wrist working into those rocks which are like fist to as big as your head
did manage a couple older silver rings - think one is a class ring - hope I can clean it without destroying it

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Love the Crusties! Seems the last 4 days nothing but rain and winds for us East Coasters, you did great!

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the Crusties! Seems the last 4 days nothing but rain and winds for us East Coasters, you did great!
not great but i'll take it - just shows me there is still some oldies in there - I only worked a small area - each target took time and I wasted
too much at first 2 spots - and this was with my 3rd back up - does not allow as much sensitivity as my #1
sent in - they received my #1and #2 - just waiting for news if they can be saved

melbajoe

Dec 5, 2014
ct
Detector(s) used
excal II CZ21 sov gt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That ring with the red stone looks like a nice find- hope it cleans up without breaking. way to tough it out

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
but I did not get skunked - I got silver
winds were high - surf was high and rain coming sideways - but I had plans to hunt
so hunt I did - first spot has been hammered by others lately - second got told to move cause just after I got there
no one was supposed to be in deeper waters but one clown did and got taken out - 3 lifeguards had to go out and get him
and one of the lifeguards got in trouble - so off to third spot - tiny but old spot - ive gotten old silver and gold from there in past
it rough digging so many only go for fresh drops - I go for the deeper stuff - there is like a foot of mucky sand and then its
like a cobble stone road - has taken its toll on my scoop last few yrs but the good stuff is in those rocks which you have
to be prepared to dig like 1 1/2ft - rough on the wrist working into those rocks which are like fist to as big as your head
did manage a couple older silver rings - think one is a class ring - hope I can clean it without destroying it

That class ring is a great find. I'd probably soak it in vinegar for a couple days for starters.

Can't wait to see the year on that thing.

I had a dream last night that I found a "retirement ring".. it looked like a class ring but it was gigantic and it was from from a big government contractor (lockheed? I can't remember). It had all these engravings on the inside...inside jokes between co-workers, about security clearance, etc. I was thinking wow this is going to be a really cool return! I showed it to my buddy who immediately showed it to some RANDOM GUY on the beach who asked to see it ... the guy put it on his finger, and ran off immediately.

I was so pissed I was screaming at my buddy in the dream and woke up still all pissed off lol.

Anyway if it's a "retirement ring" (does that even exist?) keep it close hah.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread