🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I auto tune and click to "0"
if you use auto tune and
#1 - batteries are low and you click to ID mode - a deep gold may sound off as a low tone
#2 - if item is really deep it can still come up as a low tone
I will fan with my dive boot (usually try fanning off 4-6 ins. and then recheck - if deep target = it will get a little louder
in auto tune (all metal) then check in "0" - if still low - then high percentage chance its iron
I have hunted in ID mode only a few times - docks or building burnt near shore and littered with nails - I would just cherry pick
the high tones amongst the nails and spikes - did this on vacation - if local - I will try and take them out
I have followed guys using in ID mode constantly and found lots of deep silver and old gold behind them too by my hunting in auto tune
with high sensitivity after them
I remember one guy that had like 6 machines in his van and said I would not find anything on beach I had just hit with my cz21
it was one of his regular haunts - I showed him a handful I pulled from my pouch - all caked greenies and a few silvers from down deep
he was right that he got everything from about a foot to surface - my stuff was all from down deep - he could not believe it
I asked how he used his machines there - other brands he used average to high discrim. - I asked how he used his cz21
and he said he ran it around 3 ...told him there was not much trash out there and I got all by using in auto tune
I may have had 3 rotted bottle caps a few nails and 2 bobby pins but was able to use to max depth for me
but what ever works for you - good luck

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom - New England waters usually dissolve older steel and iron in salt water - it will dissolve a lot of aluminum over time too
fresh water is a different story - my advice for fresh - if its a near by beach for you - a place you will try to hit every year
and maybe many times a year - try and take everything thing out - the more you hit the more trash you take out - eventually
all you will have to deal with is fresh trash - which is usually only a prob if its a major party spot where lots of
caps are dumped each day and a lot of the newer caps like Corronas will still go off as good on most machines out there
and if they try and discrim. them - they will lose depth and small gold

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread