Took a day off work to do some much needed R&R at local state park beach.

D

Doctor Detroit

Took a day off work to do some much needed R&R at local state park beach.

I couldn't stand it any more and needed to go detecting. So I closed up the office and went home to get my gear to do some serious detecting at a local state park beach. I had my waders and I was glad I did as the water here in Michigan is changing already.

The Excal was working true to form in the shallows and I went on point a few times when she made a beep on a target and nulled out on a return swing meaning iron. There was a lot of nails in knee deep water and I found two small silver rings, a silver toe ring, one 10 Kt. band so thin I thought I could bend it. I also found a $10.00 bill. That bill will buy 3 gallons of gas.

I had a nice day all by myself for once. There was nobody else anywhere near the water.

Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Took a day off work to do some much needed R&R at local state park beach.

Thats sounds like a fun day, too bad there are so many nails though

HH
-GC

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Doc, I know what lake you were hunting. The nails came from the old time bath houses that burned down many years ago and the nails migrated to the water. Also the water at the lake has been raised. Many don't hunt that area because of the nails and junk that is in that shallow water. The bottom there is more rough and swimmers head out alittle deeper where the nice sand is.

Congrats on the finds..

Sandman

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.

Days like that are definatly a nice treat. I do most of my detecting solo and enjoy the peacefullness when nobody is around. Congrats on your finds and restfull day!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread