May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few years ago I went on vacation and got 21 rings with 7 GOLD and I finally made it back. It was a spur of the moment trip so I called the management and they were more than happy to let me hunt for the day. Some people asked last time why I don't go in from the water and things like that but I just don't want to do anything to piss them off. They are so nice and have never said no so I am happy to hunt when I can and that's not that often here but I can guarantee I only hunt a small percentage of the beach. I decided for the first time in my life I was only going to dig middle tones which is what 90% of gold falls under on the CZ21 and would only dig one scoop blasting high tones. I hunted the same area I hunted last time and the third target brought chill bumps to my whole body. I couldn't believe that it was starting again...........

001.JPG

14K GOLD and I was in the water only 5 minutes. My wife was in the water next to me and wasn't nearly as surprised as I was. She said it says 14K and I was shaking. There were targets everywhere and I would have to pass 10 or so signals before I would dig one. If it was middle or mixed I dug it. Low or high got skipped. I dug some trash and odds and ends then came the two junkers. Both were Tungsten rings back to back about a foot apart then a few more junk targets and then this monster.....

002.JPG

Luis hated losing this beast I'm sure. It tests 14K and I was rolling. I was thinking "Oh My God" could this really be happening again?? Well for about an hour I got another junker and some trash and then just when I thought it might not be as amazing as last time this little charm shows up......

003.JPG

18K and by pure luck it is also my zodiac sign. I searched for quite a while for the chain with no luck. That was 3 down and I was only a couple hours in and I was thinking this could be my best day ever. The 7 gold I got here last time is my personal best and I was thinking it was within reach. I wondered away from the location where I found most of the gold and wasn't getting much but then a blasting middle tone and one scoop down out pops this beauty....

004.JPG

another thick little 14K band and my 4th of the day. I hunted around for about 30 minutes with nothing and as soon as I get back to my favorite part of the beach the targets returned and I find what I have no idea what it was.....

013.JPG

This is cleaned up and is obviously a bracelet but it was very corroded then I found it. I was looking at it when I hear a lady asking what I found and I go to her and show it to her and she asks if I found anything else and I admit to her that I have 4 gold already and she says no way. I show her the last ring because my wife has the others and while she is looking at it I get a great sounding signal and jokingly tell her here's number 5 and proceed to scoop this beautiful sight into my scoop.....

005.JPG

Another 14K chunk and she couldn't believe it as much as I couldn't. My fifth GOLD of the day and I'm thinking this is incredible. I was having the time of my life but little did I know what was a couple steps to my side. She hands me my 5th gold back and begin to hunt away from her and BANG.... another blasting signal and when I ID it it is as solid a middle tone as I've had all day. I take one scoop and it's in the bucket. I can hear it knocking around. I look in the scoop and just cannot believe my eyes. I thought it has to be fake. I look back and she's looking at me and I almost don't tell her. I was afraid to show her or anyone this one and she wades over and she says "What is it?" I'm pretty sure I'm in shock because I don't answer right away. I finally tell her that if this is real it may be the best ring I have ever found. I take it out of the scoop and by the weight I knew it was real......

172.JPG 170.JPG

It is not marked but tests good for 14K and starts to fade a little at 18K so I assume custom made and all 36 diamonds test absolutely real. Arguably the best ring I have ever found. Number 6 and it's only about 2 o'clock. I'm thinking "I've got this" well the wife and daughter decide to go to the room because it's just too hot and no way I'm leaving so they take off with all my booty and all I need is one more to tie and two to win. About an hour later finally a great sounding middle and out pops the biggest heaviest gold ring I have ever found. When I picked it from my scoop I thought "this is 20 grams if it's 1" and noticed some white concrete looking stuff on one side. I thought NOOOO and look inside and see those dreaded words Tungsten Carbide. I thought I had it but this one wasn't gonna do it. I hunt feverishly for another hour with another ring or two that could have been but wasn't and decide to call it. It's getting late and I've had a great day and in about knee to ankle deep I get a screamer in Autotune. I say a prayer and flip it to ID and there it is. A solid middle tone. A couple scoops and I can't believe my eyes.....

012.JPG

Only my second solitaire ever. 14K and I am beside myself. All the sudden it hits me that I just tied my best hunt ever. I wanted to go back in but had to go. The wife and daughter were waiting and I didn't want to push my luck with the owners because I was the first one there that morning and the only one left in the water at this point so I hated to leave but I did. I got to the room and the only disappointment was that the beautiful diamond in the solitaire tested bad. Oh well. 7 more gold and all tested 14K or better. I talk to the owner and ask if they mind if I come back and they say go for it so I will be back again this year. I knew I was going just a couple days before we went so my crew couldn't make it again but will definitely be going later this year or at least I hope they will. Here's some of the rest of the stuff. Oh yeah.... I caught most everything on video and hate that I can't show it but can't for obvious reasons. Good luck and HH.......

DSC00061.JPG DSC00067.JPG DSC00067.JPG DSC00068.JPG 179.JPG

167.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Now we're metal detecting. Congrats on the a great day.:occasion14: