Four day silver streak

Maximilian

Oct 13, 2014
Montenegro
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Excalibur II,Equinox 800, Goldscan 4...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Inspired with biggmike posts I have decided to share my last four days finds from the beach. Primarily i am beach hunter but when beach become dry i jump in the wet, in this case in to the water. Finds r put in order they were find starting from Monday until yesterday because i decide to make little break for weekend. During these just hunts i got some interesting conclusions and I have improved my technique a lot which finally led to revelation. Usually i will wait for big waves to move sand on the beach and to uncover targets buried in sand .O boy i was wrong... I was so upset not to find any gold , i know that gold sinks deep in the sand and i was always try to dig deep targets ... I was 101% sure that beach is full with gold but out of the reach.. Water is murky so diving is not really option so I go for wading. But when i find my first gold ring in Tuesday i finally get it. It was shallow , so shallow maybe 1 inch under sand . Then i realize that my tactics is completely wrong instead to pursue deep targets i should put all effort in shallow recent drops and visit beach on daily base before targets sinks. Results r bellow, quarter kg of silver and 21 gr of 24k gold in just 4 days. Mostly silver finds r bracelets and gold r rings 7.1 , 8.3 and 5.7 gr. Now i am just waiting Monday to start search again :evil4:
View attachment DSC_0979.jpg DSC_0982.JPG DSC_0984.JPG DSC_0985.JPG DSC_0986.JPG

Upvote 0

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!!! Beautiful GOLD and nice finds :icon_thumleft: Congrats

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW that's a lot of nice finds!!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice series of hunts! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
M

Maximilian

Oct 13, 2014
Montenegro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knowledge is not knowledge if not shared so this is what I have learned so far ... Overload targets is must dig when u r in search for fresh drops , could be cell phone or bracelet , of course u will get some trash but that go with this hobby anyway. Some of these bracelets was opened and not easy to pick up with scope so i develop technique to collect it , just stick scope near by target and then push sand with target in it. One of the targets was rather long overload signal so i was hopping maybe it is some chain. When i dig silver bracelet i immediately get what was causing , i dig nearby overload signal too and it was same type of bracelet . Few steps further i get same signal and i dig it .It was 3rd piece of silver bracelet set lost by same person. 2 gold rings was find 1m one from each other so i guess they r lost by same person , both shallow , never expect that may be a case but good lesson for future hunts. At wet beach it happens to me before to have 2 golds targets from same hole but that was caused by total different process. During there hunts i dig only ONE coin and just few pieces of costume jewellery.Tomorrow evening i will hit beach again and i hope some new finds and conclusions will jump up.

Last edited:

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you have me thinking Maximilian..... I don't remember ever finding 2 gold rings that I thought came from the same person. I have found multiple gold charms that came from the same necklace but never 2 gold rings. Thanks for posting.

OP
OP
M

Maximilian

Oct 13, 2014
Montenegro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sunday evening finds, one silver bracelet which i succeeded to brake during recovery , because it was opened and stubborn not to stay in scope.One jade pedant with gold, when i dig out signal i check whole and signal is gone, then checked the scope and see round stone , i told to my self what... I turned it around and see gold :) .Ring is special, 4.6gr 24k adjustable size which eventually led it to be lost. When i hear the signal since was shallow i just know it is gold, since sounds different then every other signal i usually encounter. Previous owner was using silicon isolation to keep it tight and it is till on it , obviously it didn't work for him. Last night i went there again and first signal when i step in to the water was small silver ring. Gold ring is 6.3gr 24k , shallow as well, quite different signal then previous ring but it still follow rule that whole rings sounds different then other pieces of gold jewellery , more like the silver ring. So now i pursue 2 different sound for 24k gold. I didn't find gold chain in water yet , however i did find it before in wet sand before using zero discrimination, when i make test in dry i didn't have any problem to hear them but lacks of finds make me wonder can i detect it underwater with discrimination at 1 with Excalibur(24k one)?
2.JPG DSC_0980.JPG DSC_0981.JPG

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Awesome finds. Congrats :icon_thumright:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012