Last Weeks Gold--Lots of 10K.

cjc

Mar 19, 2006
n/a
Detector(s) used
DFX, GQA2, (2) 'Cuda, Excal, (1 & 2) Sov. Elite, CZ20, Surf Dual Field...
Had some luck with the Equinox and Cuda last week. Eq is a great edge cherry picker--gets right in amongst the caps and pins. Trick is to recognise the junk first--especially those "cap patterns" Cuda is a great workhorse deeper than any VLF. A tip I would give is to always look for the deepest water closest to shore. The same gully can have nothing if it's ten feet further out but in close it can have good marl access. Track along to find this type of ground--this has worked for me many times. Biggest ring is 6.6 grams, and a no-date George the 4th quarter down so deep it sounded like a pin with the Cuda.
cjc
clivesgoldpage.com

Attachments

• IMG_2888XX.jpg
    IMG_2888XX.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 187
Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Had some luck with the Equinox and Cuda last week. Eq is a great edge cherry picker--gets right in amongst the caps and pins. Trick is to recognise the junk first--especially those "cap patterns" Cuda is a great workhorse deeper than any VLF. A tip I would give is to always look for the deepest water closest to shore. The same gully can have nothing if it's ten feet further out but in close it can have good marl access. Track along to find this type of ground--this has worked for me many times. Biggest ring is 6.6 grams, and a no-date George the 4th quarter down so deep it sounded like a pin with the Cuda.
cjc
clivesgoldpage.com

Congrads CJC, some sweet looking color there!
Of all the beach's here I had my first spot like that this year, never before. All of the gold was within 20 foot of shore, even a few on the slope. Most Big heavy gold rings. Beach's here the treasure is in the second & third cuts or out deeper in the mix. But this beach, 11 hunts 32 of those babies, but all it took was a few days of the summer winds to mess it up... My tip is, you get a Hot spot, You call in sick and live there until it is silent.

TomNWMI

Feb 5, 2006
NWMI
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Musketeer, Tek G2, Omega and a Fisher ID Edge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cleaned out a marl trough earlier this spring. No gold but did get several really old silver rings and a couple small silver chains. Only have 1 or 2 lakes with marl/clay bottoms to stop old finds from sinking further.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never realized just how much the sand moves around on freshwater lakes until after five years of dealing with it on the east coast. Now I pay very close attention to it on the freshwater lakes that I hunt up here, has made a "huge" difference for me. I also keep a close eye on the boat and ski jet traffic in the shallows as they will often clear lanes for me due to the jet/prop wash.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very nice.Congrats

TomNWMI

Feb 5, 2006
NWMI
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Musketeer, Tek G2, Omega and a Fisher ID Edge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never realized just how much the sand moves around on freshwater lakes until after five years of dealing with it on the east coast. Now I pay very close attention to it on the freshwater lakes that I hunt up here, has made a "huge" difference for me. I also keep a close eye on the boat and ski jet traffic in the shallows as they will often clear lanes for me due to the jet/prop wash.

With the Great Lakes rebounding from historic lows a couple years ago they and connecting waters have changed things considerably for me. Some large slowly sloping beaches are gone with neck deep water now just off the shore and the opposite at other beaches.

OP
OP
cjc

cjc

Mar 19, 2006
n/a
Detector(s) used
...or just call in sick anyway. Thanks Joe. When I say "closest to shore" I mean in relation to any other section--not necessarily the actual edge.
cjc

OP
OP
cjc

cjc

Mar 19, 2006
n/a
Detector(s) used
Very good tip on the Jet Skis, Scoop!! It's surprising how much targets classify without any major waves too.
cjc

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice collection of gold finds, congratulations! :icon_thumleft:

Agent Green

Jul 19, 2013
Midwest
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Tesoro Silver Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds cjc! I have been reading your books on the equinox and water hunting.. Lots to learn as I am just getting my feet wet..
You guys are the pros, so I have to ask what do you think is the best Pulse Metal Detector on the market today? Is it worth adding one to the collection?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread