They managed to save both my
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree22Likes
  • 12 Post By CASPER-2
  • 1 Post By CASPER-2
  • 3 Post By ROBOTCOP13
  • 1 Post By Professor of Engineering
  • 1 Post By OBN
  • 1 Post By Kray Gelder
  • 1 Post By CASPER-2
  • 1 Post By flgliderpilot
  • 1 Post By CaptEsteban

Thread: They managed to save both my

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
    15212 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)

They managed to save both my

#1 and #2 CZ21s . . luckily water damage was contained to battery compartments
    will hopefully get to test them out this weekend - just hope they did not mess with my
    #1 - which is the hottest of all 3 I own
    hopefully I will have something to show
    Motto = "I try to hit where others cant or others wont "

Charter Member
    us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
    41480 times
    Maybe no damage. Hoping for you.
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    15212 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by rook3434 View Post
    Maybe no damage. Hoping for you.
    I got them back yesterday - put batteries in one and it works
    will load up the other one today - I'm sure it will work also - thing is how good
    my hot machine - the sensitivity knob I get a hum normally at 6-7 - so I can crank it up
    in old areas and go for slightest fluctuations - the other 2 I don't get a hum unless its on 10
    and its usually minimal so I will miss super deep targets - my #1 was actually a converted CZ20
    and it was great when it was a CZ20 - it got a crack in the wire where it connects to coil
    when sent it in the had to convert to a cz21
    My #2 I got when it appeared on e bay for 1/2 price - like $600 - guy said he used 3 times and never
    in water - thought something might be fishy but bid on it - almost no other did - they must have thought
    there was a prob for that price - coil cover did not have a scratch on it (neither did the rest of it) - so was
    a steal. #3 I bought because I had friends that wanted to try water hunting now and then but did not have
    the money to buy one - I would let them use my #2 now and then - well one day a "friend" used it and broke
    one of my knobs and had to cut day short because no other back ups were brought...and he drove
    so next year I had a great tax return and decided to by another so I would always have a back up
    some people may say its silly to have 3 - but at times it comes in handy to have them - another trip
    lower rod snapped on my #1 and friend had #2 ... so I was able to grab #3.. other times batteries would run low
    on an all day hunt on #1 and would switch to #2 (not a quick change to change batteries in the field on a CZ)
    and #2's ran low later on and would just run and grab #3 - then just change all of them later on together and
    start all over again .
    this last fiasco - #1 and #2 leaked same weekend - so was lucky I had #3
    Sleepy likes this.

Jul 2014
    187 times

Yeah

It sounds like you have a problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    DJWEHAGE, RustyGold and CASPER-2 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Oct 2014
    Massachusetts
    Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II & X-terra 705; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i & DFX
    27989 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Good Luck!
    CASPER-2 likes this.

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Mid-Atlantic Waters
    Excalibur
    5529 times
    2019.....Gold rings..106..Misc/gold 9.....Silver/Sterling 255
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Good to hear Mr. Casper! And Good Luck!!
    CASPER-2 likes this.

Effort is Important, But knowing where, can make all the difference!

Charter Member
    us
    papa

Feb 2017
    Georgetown, SC
    Fisher F75
    7238 times
    Metal Detecting
    That's great news!
    CASPER-2 likes this.

"And so the population was gradually led into the demoralising temptations of arcades, baths, and sumptuous banquets. The unsuspecting Britons spoke of such novelties as 'civilisation', when in fact they were only a feature of their enslavement." Tacitus, Roman Senator and Historian, written AD 98.

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    15212 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    I always clean the gaskets when changing batteries and try being very careful when re-assembling the door so as not to seat the gasket wrong
    before sealing - I think the problem was - the days they leaked I had them in the back of the vehicle and it was around 100 out and sun was beating down on them - jumped in with similar conditions with both of them into water that was in the 60s - think the 40 degree difference cause the boxes to leak -

-years ago I had a real nice underwater camera - was using it in Dom.Rep. - had it in the shade on chair next to my GFs - but after 2 hrs the sun had moved and she did not think to move it. Well I got a huge gold band with a large sapphire with diamonds and waved at her to bring the camera and get some pics
    Those were the last pics it took - she took a few and then I took camera from her to take some of it in my hand with the coral bottom behind it - screen was
    black and I could not get it to turn on - thought batteries had died. When I get out later and pop the back - it was full of water - she said it was red hot
    from being in the open sun and even though we were in Carribean waters the water was still 20+ degrees cooler and I believe that how that happened
    its gaskets were built into its frame and made so it would not leak under normal conditions

us
    CASPER

Jan 2012
    NEW ENGLAND
    15212 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (5)
    SOME MAY HAVE SEEN THIS PIC BEFORE -one of last pics that camera took
    RustyGold likes this.

Apr 2015
    CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
    1325 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-2 View Post
    I always clean the gaskets when changing batteries and try being very careful when re-assembling the door so as not to seat the gasket wrong
    before sealing - I think the problem was - the days they leaked I had them in the back of the vehicle and it was around 100 out and sun was beating down on them - jumped in with similar conditions with both of them into water that was in the 60s - think the 40 degree difference cause the boxes to leak -

-years ago I had a real nice underwater camera - was using it in Dom.Rep. - had it in the shade on chair next to my GFs - but after 2 hrs the sun had moved and she did not think to move it. Well I got a huge gold band with a large sapphire with diamonds and waved at her to bring the camera and get some pics
    Those were the last pics it took - she took a few and then I took camera from her to take some of it in my hand with the coral bottom behind it - screen was
    black and I could not get it to turn on - thought batteries had died. When I get out later and pop the back - it was full of water - she said it was red hot
    from being in the open sun and even though we were in Carribean waters the water was still 20+ degrees cooler and I believe that how that happened
    its gaskets were built into its frame and made so it would not leak under normal conditions
    Yeah they heat up and air expands and is forced past the gaskets... and gaskets also soften up.. then you put it in the water, instant cool down, vacuum, and gaskets shrink and harden, and water gets sucked in past the gaskets (or o-rings).

My theory...
    CASPER-2 likes this.
    Minelab Equinox 800,Fisher CZ-21, Excalibur II

... waiting to see that elusive dowser on the beach with a bucket of gold rings ...

us
    Jul 2011
    572 times
    Glad to hear this. You were LUCKY !
    CASPER-2 likes this.

Sponsored Links