🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe no damage. Hoping for you.
I got them back yesterday - put batteries in one and it works
will load up the other one today - I'm sure it will work also - thing is how good
my hot machine - the sensitivity knob I get a hum normally at 6-7 - so I can crank it up
in old areas and go for slightest fluctuations - the other 2 I don't get a hum unless its on 10
and its usually minimal so I will miss super deep targets - my #1 was actually a converted CZ20
and it was great when it was a CZ20 - it got a crack in the wire where it connects to coil
when sent it in the had to convert to a cz21
My #2 I got when it appeared on e bay for 1/2 price - like $600 - guy said he used 3 times and never
in water - thought something might be fishy but bid on it - almost no other did - they must have thought
there was a prob for that price - coil cover did not have a scratch on it (neither did the rest of it) - so was
a steal. #3 I bought because I had friends that wanted to try water hunting now and then but did not have
the money to buy one - I would let them use my #2 now and then - well one day a "friend" used it and broke
one of my knobs and had to cut day short because no other back ups were brought...and he drove
so next year I had a great tax return and decided to by another so I would always have a back up
some people may say its silly to have 3 - but at times it comes in handy to have them - another trip
lower rod snapped on my #1 and friend had #2 ... so I was able to grab #3.. other times batteries would run low
on an all day hunt on #1 and would switch to #2 (not a quick change to change batteries in the field on a CZ)
and #2's ran low later on and would just run and grab #3 - then just change all of them later on together and
start all over again .
this last fiasco - #1 and #2 leaked same weekend - so was lucky I had #3

ROBOTCOP13

Jul 29, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah

It sounds like you have a problem.

Attachments

• IMG_1417.JPG
    IMG_1417.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 372
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good Luck! :icon_thumleft:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to hear Mr. Casper! And Good Luck!!

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always clean the gaskets when changing batteries and try being very careful when re-assembling the door so as not to seat the gasket wrong
before sealing - I think the problem was - the days they leaked I had them in the back of the vehicle and it was around 100 out and sun was beating down on them - jumped in with similar conditions with both of them into water that was in the 60s - think the 40 degree difference cause the boxes to leak -

-years ago I had a real nice underwater camera - was using it in Dom.Rep. - had it in the shade on chair next to my GFs - but after 2 hrs the sun had moved and she did not think to move it. Well I got a huge gold band with a large sapphire with diamonds and waved at her to bring the camera and get some pics
Those were the last pics it took - she took a few and then I took camera from her to take some of it in my hand with the coral bottom behind it - screen was
black and I could not get it to turn on - thought batteries had died. When I get out later and pop the back - it was full of water - she said it was red hot
from being in the open sun and even though we were in Carribean waters the water was still 20+ degrees cooler and I believe that how that happened
its gaskets were built into its frame and made so it would not leak under normal conditions

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SOME MAY HAVE SEEN THIS PIC BEFORE -one of last pics that camera took
attachment.php

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always clean the gaskets when changing batteries and try being very careful when re-assembling the door so as not to seat the gasket wrong
before sealing - I think the problem was - the days they leaked I had them in the back of the vehicle and it was around 100 out and sun was beating down on them - jumped in with similar conditions with both of them into water that was in the 60s - think the 40 degree difference cause the boxes to leak -

-years ago I had a real nice underwater camera - was using it in Dom.Rep. - had it in the shade on chair next to my GFs - but after 2 hrs the sun had moved and she did not think to move it. Well I got a huge gold band with a large sapphire with diamonds and waved at her to bring the camera and get some pics
Those were the last pics it took - she took a few and then I took camera from her to take some of it in my hand with the coral bottom behind it - screen was
black and I could not get it to turn on - thought batteries had died. When I get out later and pop the back - it was full of water - she said it was red hot
from being in the open sun and even though we were in Carribean waters the water was still 20+ degrees cooler and I believe that how that happened
its gaskets were built into its frame and made so it would not leak under normal conditions

Yeah they heat up and air expands and is forced past the gaskets... and gaskets also soften up.. then you put it in the water, instant cool down, vacuum, and gaskets shrink and harden, and water gets sucked in past the gaskets (or o-rings).

My theory...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread