Whites new TDI Beach Hunter!!

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I’m so exited!! Can it be??..I always wanted a Water proof TDI, now my dream has come true!! Woooooooooohooooooo! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1535476639.781163.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1535476656.502535.jpg

Upvote 0

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently Dimitar Garlov’s work. Going to be sold on a web forum - unclear where it is actually made. But Dimitar is originally from Bulgaria and it looks a lot like other current East European products. The only person who has publically posted about its performance has said that it is somewhat deeper on coins and rings than an Excalibur or CZ. While that’s good, Æsomewhat deeper than an Excal” is not nearly as deep in salt sand as a TDI with GB off.

Last edited:

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Do you hunt in the water or a dry/wetsand hunter? I've heard it's noisy in/under the water.

Dry/wet sand and water hunting, but mostly wet sand at low tide as there is plenty of area to search.
Pulse delay settings for above or below water is different.
No GC on when beach hunting on our beaches, GC is used when Gold prospecting on our Gold fields.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Over 5 pounds and a battery life of 6 hours according to Whites website. For me it sounds like just another pulse detector. I'm waiting for a pulse machine with the true discrimination of VLF, it has to be able to discriminate out iron.

Me too, my sand shark found me about two crab traps in mass last spring (in pieces)

zigzag

Sep 17, 2011
ft laud, fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 2 xcal II 1000's, 1 has OBN's remote PP & peltor HP's, 2 aquasounds, dual field, sunspot 920i hybrid, 720i, 3 rtg scoops, Howie scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The excal with a 10" coil weighs 5.1 lbs

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
I use the BH chest mounted when beach hunting or when gold prospecting that reduces the weight that need to be in motion to around 1100 gram.

Because we have both beaches and gold fields by eider going North or West then it's convenient to have a detector that can be used in both areas.

However I do prefer beach hunting this time of the year (our hot season) as it is cooler and one can be home for dinned every evening after a days hunt.

TDI-BH_DSCF0525_600.JPG TDI-BH_DSCF0540_600.JPG

ivanll

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I’ll just stick with my Dual Fields. So much better than any old school PI. Let’s you know rust, rusty iron that has been buried a long time, and coins and rings and beer can tabs. So much better than old school PIs like Garrett sea hunters and Pulse 8X and Aqua Pulse. I would like to compare the Dual Field and the TDI sometime though. Also I would like to see the Fisher PI. I couldn’t find out anything about it. Anybody know about it?

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Last early PM low tide hunt produced a custom jewellery ring that turned out to be a designer ring by "BVLGARI"

DSCF0548_a_400.JPG

ivanll

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope it works for you!!!!Sounds promising

Steviecop

Greenie
Apr 16, 2012
Haddon Heights NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exploer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gonna give the TDI a try!! Winter beach hunting. Someone says I will dig a lot of trash. Don't we already? Not much trash on the beach in winter here. And the TDI does go deep. Friend very successful with it.

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I’d rather dig the deep goodies along with the trash than digging shallower targets.

JamesR1964

Jul 11, 2015
Eastern Long Island NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Radio shack special, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Treasure Master, Garret Carrot pro pointer. Whites V3i added 11/3/15Whites Surf Dual Field PI added 5/5/16 - 2/17 Etrac added 11/16 Whites Beach Hunter 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. Now I have to have it. This hobby is like crack! I need more machines to find the gold!

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
I'll take all at any depth on a beach that can be detected with a TDI and a 12" coil, that will leave a clear run for those that have a deeper seeking detector and the inclination to dig for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread