Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Lost a Customer for Life!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    "BIG DAVE"

Nov 2012
    Aberdeen, MD
    Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, White's Beach Hunter 300, Stealth 920xi
    786 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Lost a Customer for Life!!!

I have been a Fisher Lab customer for over 30 years. That ends today. I owned a CZ20 since 2000. A year ago, the pinpoint button went up. They converted it to a CZ21 and informed me that my Lifetime warranty would remain. Two weeks ago, I snapped a coil tab in the ocean. I spoke to Felix who said it wouldn't be covered by the warranty and sent me over to the technical department. They told me it would be covered and to send the unit in. I informed them that I changed out the headphone covers for a more comfortable, more sound proof set. They said that as long as I didn't modify the electronics, I would be OK. I spoke with Felix today and he informed me that they were going to charge me $357 to fix the coil, the headphones, and the battery door (for some reason). He also informed me that my warranty is now void because I changed the headphone housing. I pleaded my case with no avail. I've dealt with Felix in the past and have always gotten a fair shake. This time, not so much. His attitude was like he couldn't have cared less. Gave me no options at all. I told him to send me the unit back and that they've certainly lost a customer. I still have the original headphone housing and could have put them back on. I guess that's my fault. I just wanted to warn people that ANY mod to your detector will likely void the warranty. It seemed like he got enjoyment in conveying the message. On a good note, I did find this 10k ring (#34 year to date) in VA Beach Sunday with my back-up CZ20 I just bought from Mr. Scott. Thank you, sir!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0C48DF80-5EEF-4FD6-AC5B-D7957DFBF750.jpeg 
Views:	130 
Size:	280.8 KB 
ID:	1633804

gb
    Oct 2014
    S.Wales UK
    Saving For Equinox 800. Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
    223 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hence why i reckon Minelab would most likely not cover the Equinox when people take it apart to fit custom shafts.

Even if the Equinox developed a fault which had nothing to do with the shaft.

Matt.
    DJWEHAGE and A2coins like this.

gb
    Oct 2014
    S.Wales UK
    Saving For Equinox 800. Deteknix Pi Pinpointer
    223 times
    Very nice ring by the way!

Gold dance!
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    TerryrSoloman.com

May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000; Equinox 600 -- Tesoro Mojave -- Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger -- Bunk's Hermit Pick
    20191 times
    Metal Detecting
    Sorry to hear about your treatment. Great Gold Though!!

Charter Member
    us
    Old Tom Cat.

Jan 2013
    N.of , I-285...GA
    Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
    5049 times

Ditto what Terry said.
    As I am finding , In life we begin having the Blissful happiness & the Wonder & innocence of a Child, then fall Quickly, then spend the rest of our lives trying to reach that point where we began ,through Pleasure , Fame, & Materials but Only 'Through true faith in Jesus , can we find Prefect Happiness or true Meaning in our Short lives on this Beautiful Earth filled with both the Light of Pure goodness & The Darkness of Pure Evil. D.

That Said, I judge No Man.
    Davers

us
    Oct 2013
    NorthEast
    Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
    604 times
    Metal Detecting
    Interesting you posted this DJ. I have dealt with Felix twice in owning my CZ for the past 5 plus years. The first time round I specifically asked for his assistance as many here on TNET stated that he is the "go to guy" and I had no issues and a normal conversation with the fella. Repairs were made and I was good to go. Second time round (several months ago), I felt like he could care less of what I was saying and our interaction bordered on the edge of rudeness. I still have my CZ-21 as I love that machine; but, it has been relegated to being a backup to my EQ 800. The CZ21 is built like a beast so I'm sure I will still have it kicking around for plenty of years to come; but, do hope that I do not have to rely on Fisher support any further as I don't think another interaction will go any better than what you experienced.

-TwoYewts
    DJWEHAGE, RustyGold and A2coins like this.

us
    "BIG DAVE"

Nov 2012
    Aberdeen, MD
    786 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoYewts View Post
    Interesting you posted this DJ. I have dealt with Felix twice in owning my CZ for the past 5 plus years. The first time round I specifically asked for his assistance as many here on TNET stated that he is the "go to guy" and I had no issues and a normal conversation with the fella. Repairs were made and I was good to go. Second time round (several months ago), I felt like he could care less of what I was saying and our interaction bordered on the edge of rudeness. I still have my CZ-21 as I love that machine; but, it has been relegated to being a backup to my EQ 800. The CZ21 is built like a beast so I'm sure I will still have it kicking around for plenty of years to come; but, do hope that I do not have to rely on Fisher support any further as I don't think another interaction will go any better than what you experienced.

-TwoYewts
    Sounds like the exact same experience! Gives me a little piece of mind knowing I'm not then only one. Thanks!
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Dec 2012
    Concrete, WA
    Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
    5331 times
    Prospecting
    DW, while I can appreciate your frustration over the issue, please
    don't swear off of Fisher just because of one bad situation.

Odds are it wasn't Felix's call, and honestly, I know of no electronics
    products manufacturer that will warranty a product after the customer
    has opened the case and made modifications. There are actually very
    valid reasons for the policy.

Fisher has always made a quality machine (used 'em for years), and even
    though it (understandably) ticked you off having to pay for the repairs,
    you've still got a top performing machine that's been frequently used
    for the best part of 20 years.

You can bet that someone from Fisher will see the thread, and maybe
    they'll address or correct the attitudes of those in their customer service dept.
    Last edited by DizzyDigger; Sep 19, 2018 at 03:31 PM.
    Loco-Digger, biggmike and A2coins like this.
    Mike (aka Dizz)

"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest
    of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick
    the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you
    were our countrymen." ~~ Samuel Adams, 1776

Dizzy's Super-Simple, Universal Rule of Forum Conduct: Don't be an ass.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Orlando, Fl
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    27959 times
    Quote Originally Posted by staffydog33 View Post
    Hence why i reckon Minelab would most likely not cover the Equinox when people take it apart to fit custom shafts.

Even if the Equinox developed a fault which had nothing to do with the shaft.

Matt.
    Custom shafts are not a problem, changing the housing would be.
    ctdirtdigger and A2coins like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

OBN
    us
    Dec 2008
    Mid-Atlantic Waters
    Excalibur
    4852 times
    107 Gold rings, 237 Silver FTY
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Congrads on the Gold Dave!

Sorry to hear the issues with Fisher, Sad they have always been a leader along with White's on customer service.

Effort is Important, But knowing where, can make all the difference!

Aug 2016
    405 times
    LIFEtime warranty means lifetime warranty you got a raw deal nice ring

us
    "BIG DAVE"

Nov 2012
    Aberdeen, MD
    786 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by DizzyDigger View Post
    DW, while I can appreciate your frustration over the issue, please
    don't swear off of Fisher just because of one bad situation.

Odds are it wasn't Felix's call, and honestly, I know of no electronics
    products manufacturer that will warranty a product after the customer
    has opened the case and made modifications. There are actually very
    valid reasons for the policy.

Fisher has always made a quality machine (used 'em for years), and even
    though it (understandably) ticked you off having to pay for the repairs,
    you've still got a top performing machine that's been frequently used
    for the best part of 20 years.

You can bet that someone from Fisher will see the thread, and maybe
    they'll address or correct the attitudes of those in their customer service dept.
    I didn't open the case. The issue was with the coil tab. Told it was covered. Even told them I changed the housing on the headphone. Would have never sent it in. They originally told me to epoxy it. Bottom line- did what they asked me to do and got hosed. His attitude is what really ticked me off.
    A2coins likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Rook

Nov 2013
    Mississippi
    XP Deus
    8830 times
    Wow. Congrats. That's a beauty.
    When you come to a fork in the road, take it.

us
    "BIG DAVE"

Nov 2012
    Aberdeen, MD
    786 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by OBN View Post
    Congrads on the Gold Dave!

Sorry to hear the issues with Fisher, Sad they have always been a leader along with White's on customer service.
    I have an extra 10.5" coil for my CZ7A Pro. Tech at Fisher said it would work for the 21. Do you know of a way to exchange/splice it without opening the case? If not, how about a recommendation on a quality epoxy?
    A2coins likes this.

us
    Jun 2006
    TreasureTerrain.com
    XP DEUS NOX 800
    263 times
    I would just get some carbon fiber or something strong and trace your old tab and drill a hole.
    Then epoxy the broken one to that making it even stronger probably would do the good tab too the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by DJWEHAGE View Post
    I have an extra 10.5" coil for my CZ7A Pro. Tech at Fisher said it would work for the 21. Do you know of a way to exchange/splice it without opening the case? If not, how about a recommendation on a quality epoxy?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links