Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I cannot see why minelab didnt sell them with that option other than water tight integrity at deep depths. I have one excal with that option and I have had no problems with it at all.

OP
OP
slider66

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I cannot see why minelab didnt sell them with that option other than water tight integrity at deep depths. I have one excal with that option and I have had no problems with it at all.

What coils are you using? I was thinking of the stock coil and maybe a 13 inch coil. I do a lot of beach water hunting.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been thru many setups but the best I've done is the coil change endcap, after a few different fails I found a really good connector which I could use. The 3M..SS 4 pin. I use to make the kits but no longer.

Never had a Issues and going on 3 1/2 years now of use, 2 of my Excalibur use these and the other 2 are hard wired. And I only hunt in the salt water...

OBN0366.jpg

20170116_011418.jpg

OBN0111 (2).jpg

Coils I use are the 5.5 Sunray (rare), both stock coils (most often), and the ULT13, which was to Hot for the saltwater but works great for me in the wet and dry sand. Most used coils, the stockers....but rarely do I hunt in Discriminate.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
m5j8C6u8C11hGZrul_GhbPA.jpg

I have used these connectors for over a year now with no problems. I use them both on the coil wire and the headphone wire. With these I can change between 8, 10, and 15 inch coils and use my waterproof headphones on my Excal, ATX, ATPro and Equinox detectors. With these, there is no need to open, modify or replace the end caps on the Excal.

I used the Coiltek's WOT waterproof connectors for years, but these are by far a great improvement in the ease of installation and physical size.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I had the 1st generation WOT on my Blue 1000, I used the Coiltek clear tube connector that came with the coil. I had no problems with it and kinda liked the fact that I could see inside for any indication of moisture. When the coil went bad and there were no replacements at the time, I went to the NEL Attack coil and a different connector, one that looks like the one WaterWalker uses. No problems with that one either......so far anyway. It's been on there for about 3 years now I guess. If you're going to deep dive, I would recommend hard wiring it though. Not sure what the depth rating would be on the inline connectors. I agree that Minelab should have made them like OBN's setup.....I mean, after all, the battery connector is a quick connect, why not the coil and headphones?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread