Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hooked up with a forum friend that Ive known for yrs and hunted with last year.
Trip was already arranged before Florence was on her way - so I had to take
what I could get - water was way to rough to get in at most of the beaches - I
did manage to get in at one spot that was sheltered but small and trashy and
a ocean spot where at low tide a sand bar cut the waves down enough that I could
bare getting in without getting slammed to much. I'm a water guy - and not
fond of wet sand hunting much and definitely not into dry sand hunting but
I had to do what I had to do. I got some junk jewelry in the surf - one silver
earing in the water - got a gold in the wet sand and right before coming home
I was heading to my GF after hitting the wet sand at one spot and just swinging
wildly over the dry sand getting ready to leave when I got a good hit and scooped
up a quarter that looked like it had been there a little while - so I swung around that area
and got a few more coins - gal was like 20 yrds away and I told her I was getting coins
so I was going to play around a little more. I was getting a fair amount of coins - lot
of dimes and some were discolored so I figured it had been a little while since
others probably hit there. I then got a nice solid positive reading - sounded better than a quarter
- I swept at the spot with my dive boot and saw what looked like a silver ring - gave it
a scoop and was surprised when I saw a class ring. Was hoping for white gold but its 925...
doesn't matter cause I try and return them whatever they are made of ... but everyone is
more impressed with the gold. I called my GF over and said "Guess what I just found"
and placed it in her hand - the day before I told her I thought I would find a class ring.
She then walked with me for awhile more - I got a huge blast and told her "this is either
a can buried down or a large kids toy" I swept with my foot a few times and then gave a
scoop. I hit something and gave a again swept with my boot. I saw powder blue and
told her - "I think its a car" - she pulled it out (the car that is:tongue3:) - its was large VW bug.
I filled the hole and then said "I wonder if there is more?" I went over again and got a
few more deeper signals and ended up pulling out 4 more cars. Little while later
- even though I was still getting coins - we had to pack it in - had a 5 hr drive back home.
Before we left - she hit the ladies room and I just looked out over the beach. There was
a woman on a blanket knitting while her 3 yr old played on a slide near by. I looked over at him
and he smiled at me so I waved and he waved back. He walked over to his mother and
then told her I guess that I waved at him - he waved again and I returned one. My gal
came out of the restroom and I told her I was gonna give him the cars I had found
she wanted the VW ..don't ask me why - so I gave him the other 4. There was a beach
shower right there and I rinsed them off and asked his mother if it was okay and told
her I had just found them down the beach - he was excited to get them.
The day I got the gold ring - shortly after
a father with his 3 yr old son were playing near the surf - the boy started to fuss and
father said "i guess youre all done" Just then I had scooped up a Thomas the steam engine
toy - it was like new. I asked the father if I could give it to him and the father said
"Hey - look what he's got for you" and I handed it to his son - he smiled ear to ear
and then turned and ran towards his mom waving it in the air. Now all I have to
do is return the class ring for a trifecta :thumbsup:

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Most of the trash from the trip

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See, dry sand can be fun!

I did a lot of dry sand as a kid (late 70s - early 80s)
- back then I hunted for the new dropped coins to help pay for my gas - I could go out and find $10
in new change and now and then get a ring or 2 - Id get sun burnt - dehydrated - hot and sweaty
I hunt water and get 10 times more jewelry than I did on land - I stay cool and hydrated
this is from one of my better yrs - all from the water
I'm sure if I could have gotten in down there - I could have gotten more rings and maybe other jewelry

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice time out with two hard core hunters!! Nice saves on the treasure Mr Casper!! And Harry!

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish my Excal II had long headset coil cords like in your pic, my factory Minicab cord is short and always tugging on the headset-pain in the a$$!

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish my Excal II had long headset coil cords like in your pic, my factory Minicab cord is short and always tugging on the headset-pain in the a$$!
Im using a CZ21 - my friend is using a Equinox and those are special made headphones

dig deeper now

Jul 10, 2013
fulltiming rv'er anywhere in the 48 states
Detector(s) used
Safari MINELAB, minelab pin pointer,lesche left sided teeth ,Lowe's short shovel,12'' sand scoop 5x9 in. 2900 battery
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are going to be the ring king, some very nice gold rings---- keep it up and GOOD LUCK FINDING MORE. HH

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are going to be the ring king, some very nice gold rings---- keep it up and GOOD LUCK FINDING MORE. HH
that picture is from 2012 - OBN is the real ring king :icon_thumleft:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
that picture is from 2012 - OBN is the real ring king :icon_thumleft:

The way I look at it anyone out there finding gold is a king, nothing can come close to the feeling of seeing that golden glow in the scoop. Sure makes you feel like a king for the rest of the day....:headbang:

DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, Equinox 800, Stealth 920xi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's a nice trip! Everyone got presents. I started out dry sanding in OC, MD then more heavily in Va Beach. I made the gradual switch to wet sand then to mostly water. Like you mentioned, jewelery count rose -trash dropped. Wish I had the time and drive to learn scuba. See those guys pulling up some real nice stuff!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very nice hunt.:icon_thumright:

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Awesome story Casper and it feels good to help other people with this hobby. I love the VW bug and that color is nice, matches my Yeti cup. Yea, I like how you describe hunting in the water cause that is all I like to do. In 1985 back when I was using the kind of detector that I should not be taking in the water, I found this quarter and it was so cool looking. It had these perfect grooves from being in the sand for so long I guess. Wish I could find it so I could post a pic of it. I bet that water gets nice and cool up on the east coast. I was thinking bout visiting my cousin on Deer Isle in Maine. I bet some old stuff just waiting to be scooped out of the water around some of those islands up there

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like ya just robbed a jewelry store lol Well done

cyperpc

Nov 18, 2012
Bucks County, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800;Fisher CZ-21; White Classic IDX Pro; White Classic SL
Wish I know you where in NJ I would of stop by to say hi! I am in Cape May for the Summer Months. I am leaving for South Carolina for the month of December then headed to Florida and can't wait for try my CZ-21other then Cape May. Good to see I am not the only one finding stuff down at the New Jesery Shore! Happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread