Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I really been having great success with the Equinox but since the software update I have noticed that the numbers are off on my machine and the worst thing is that the pinpoint is really off now making it hard to lock in targets when pinpointing causing me to have to make multiple attempts to dig the target. Is there anyone else having this problem? Is there a way to roll back to the old software?

/

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe this has already been discussed recently. See if you can find the thread.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes you can roll it back, go to link where you downloaded the update, it will give option to reverse the software.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BUT....... you have to look in the lower right corner.... you will see 3 dots click them. The program should have said that or made it easier.

CygnusX1

Jun 19, 2018
Covington, La
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll, Minelab Equinox 600 - Nokta Pinpointer, Xtreme scoop and handle.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased an Equinox 600 which arrived yesterday. Since I am new to this machine, I am not sure if I should do the update or leave it as is since I wouldn't know the difference in the performance between the two.
Any advice from you gurus would be great!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased an Equinox 600 which arrived yesterday. Since I am new to this machine, I am not sure if I should do the update or leave it as is since I wouldn't know the difference in the performance between the two.
Any advice from you gurus would be great!

I know a lot of owners who did the update with no issue and few others have reported issues, the good news is the update can be rolled back at the same internet location the update is located. Once you connect your Equinox if it doesn't see the latest update it offers the chance to download it, there is option to roll back that is offered.

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My update went smooth once I got on a Windows 10 PC and did the update. Windows 7 didn't work so well.

Love the update as well. Crisper tones, more accurate target ID.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good info to know!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread