Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really have not been out to the beach much all year. Been spending my free time riding the mountain bike instead of digging for gold. After a few hours on the bike, it's a bit challenging to tell the wife I'm heading to the beach for another 3-4 hours so I had to devise a plan. My usual routine is to hit the beach very early (4AM) to beat the people but this conflicts with the "beat the heat and bike early" plan. I really dislike detecting with people on the beach for a variety of reasons but in order to preserve the marriage (lol), the revised plan is to drag the wife to the beach. She reads for an hour, runs for an hour, and then finds a bloody Mary for an hour while I clean up the beach. Great new plan lol.

The few times I've been out have produced a ton of clad and a few silver here and there but gold has been slim pickings.....until yesterday. Scored these 2 14K (17G combined) at low tide but really high up the bank about 5 yards apart. 2 minutes after I scoop the yellow gold, an Asian tourist came over and started watching me. Real close (reason #1 I like empty beaches) and trying to see the screen on the CTX. I'm in a good mood since I just found gold so I humor him and show him the screen as I dig the next penny and quarter. Sure enough with him on my hip, the CTX lights up again with a very promising hit and in the scoop is the white gold ring. Pretty sure he hit the buy it now button on Amazon for a CTX after I showed him the yellow ring I had as well. If only he knew how many hours are spend digging pennies lol.

rings.jpg

Upvote 0

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wow, a finger full of gold. Congrats :occasion14:

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful finds! I'm with you on the whole hunting with people on the beach thing. Between the kids wanting to see and then take everything you dig and for whatever reason the Asian folks that have no boundaries when it comes to personal space I usually head out as soon as the people start heading in.

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
nice rings

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr. Redcobra.............Nice to see you getting a couple of solid finds!

I also juggle my riding and detecting. I've raced bikes for years. Road bike workouts and metal detecting do not mix well for the legs :)

Good looking pair of rings.

We should have a few chances for some gold later this week.

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice work! 🙌

OP
OP
redcobra8u

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mr. Redcobra.............Nice to see you getting a couple of solid finds!

I also juggle my riding and detecting. I've raced bikes for years. Road bike workouts and metal detecting do not mix well for the legs :)

Good looking pair of rings.

We should have a few chances for some gold later this week.

I saw the forecast for high surf. I’ll be out Thursday night to try my luck again at low tide. Going to hit the trail tomorrow night now that the heat is gone. I wish I had the nerve to get back on a road bike...some lady not paying attention cured me of that many years ago when she turned in front of me. Luckily only minor injuries but I stay on the trails from then on.

Be safe and good luck this week.

Sal

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
SWEET FINDS!! Congratulations on your finds and your plan!!

Kace

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats how we do it great post

LawrencetheMDer

Feb 22, 2014
Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
While MDing the beach last year, I had Asian tourists swarm around me and one actually leaned-down and picked something (ring) out of the hole I was still digging! They're worse than Sea gulls!

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mountain bike....... few HOURS...... wife wouldnt have to worry about me leaving the house for a few DAYS lol. Very nice tickets there.

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Really nice finds! I like your ideas about getting your wife to go with you. I cannot convince my wife to head to the beach at 4am. Well, in 1.5yr we are moving to the beach so won’t be too difficult. I bet you helped that tourist get gold fever. I pictured him hitting the buy it now button on the CTX. I am going to try and sneak off to the beach this weekend with my CTX. I need to get some more time in swinging that 17in Coil. I bet that was just a rush finding those rings like that!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread